A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. ~Lao-Tzu
I have always known that eating Supper Around the Family Table is the best nourishment we can give our families. It is about so much more than just the food that is served. It is something that the entire family looks forward to. It is about commitment to each other, positive communication and time together. In my heart I know that this is the most important thing I have done for my family.
What I did not realize until recently is how powerful food can be. I have met, connected and shared recipes with an amazing group of people who were brought together by our love for food, family, friendship and mutual respect for each other.
When I wrote these words, one year ago, I had no idea the power they would have and the journey I would embark. I have chills as I write this post.
…Our first Sunday Supper with bloggers Around the Family Table was the start of that journey. The first step was a Progressive Dinner featuring fabulous Sunday Supper Recipes by seven talented bloggers; Jeff, Catholic Foodie | Val, Val’s Food and or Art | Eileen, Wine Everyday | Sunithi, Sue’s Nutrition Buzz |Renee, Magnolia Days | Donna, Cookistry |Erin, Big Fat Baker.
Beyond our wildest dreams, I don’t think any of us could ever have imagined how Sunday Supper would grow in 2012. It has truly been one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I am so thankful for the support from these seven individuals and ALL the contributors. Week after week, they inspire families to spend time Around the Family Table with amazing Sunday Supper Recipes.
Together, we have created a movement that has grown in leaps in bounds and is making a difference in the lives of families. The Sunday Supper Movement took off and received so much recognition, that we have launched our #WeekdaySupper initiative. It starts off as one day a week and soon becomes a way of life. This year, we will feature easy Weekday Supper Recipes every day of the week!
It is so true that Food Brings People Together and I couldn’t imagine hand-picking a better group of individuals to break bread with every week! The friendships, support and memories that have been made are unforgettable. Thank you for a year of delicious memories.
We are celebrating this week’s birthday event by choosing recipes from contributors that have inspired us in the past year. Boy was this a tough week… how do you choose just one recipe from 52 weeks of fabulous Sunday Supper Recipes?
Sunday Supper Appetizers:
- Hot Spinach Parmesan Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks inspired by Comfy Cuisine
- So Simple Pizza Puffs by The Weekend Gourmet inspired by Hip Foodie Mom
- Pepperoni and Mozzarella Pull Apart by Noshing With The Nolands inspired by In the Kitchen with KP
Sunday Supper Soups and Breads:
- Lasagna Soup by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen inspired by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Easy Italian Wedding Soup by Webicurean inspired by Family Foodie
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Soup by Damn Delicious inspired by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts inspired by Chocolate Moosey
- Chicken Noodle Soup by Big Bears Wife inspired by My Catholic Kitchen
- Tomato Florentine Soup by Mama Mommy Mom inspired by The Meltaways
- Chicken Soup with Dumplings by Comfy Cuisine inspired by The Messy Baker
- Coconut Curry Chicken Soup by My Trials in the Kitchen inspired by Damn Delicious
Sunday Supper Main Dishes:
- Portuguese Mussels and Shrimp in Chorizo Sauce by Supper for a Steal inspired by Family Foodie
- (GlutenFree) Chicken Bruschetta by The Meltaways inspired by Family Foodie
- Feijoada Portuguese Bean Stew by Kimchi Mom inspired by Family Foodie
- Lentils and Chorizo Stew by Galactosemia in PDX inspired by Vintage Kitchen
- Carnitas Pizza w/ Chipotle-Avocado Crema by girlichef inspired by Damn Delicious
- Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas by Country Girl in the Village inspired by Webicurean
- Drunken Meatballs by Small Wallet Big Appetite inspired by The Foodie Army Wife
- Goat Cheese Rigatoni Alfredo by Magnolia Days inspired by Family Foodie
- Dorie’s Chicken-in-the-Pot by Hip Foodie Mom inspired by Gotta Get Baked
- Pulled Pickled Pork by Juanita’s Cocina inspired by Daily Dish Recipes
- Hoisin Asian Meatballs by Gotta Get Baked inspired by Damn Delicious
- Shrimp-Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes by Daily Dish Recipes inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinade by Peanut Butter and Peppers inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Burger with Curried Cabbage Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings inspired by Soni’s Food
- Corn and Basil Handpies by Curious Cuisiniere inspired by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Lightened Up Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken by Cupcakes and Kale Chips inspired by The Meltaways
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Chili by Food Lust People Love inspired by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bigos by Maroc Mama inspired by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Crispy Coconut Chicken Strips with Sweet Chili Sauce by From Fast Food to Fresh Food inspired by Crispy Bits and Burnt Ends
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen inspired by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Sweet & Tender Brisket by Daddy Knows Less inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Fish Tacos by Cookistry inspired by Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Homemade Harissa by Masala Herb inspired by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Spicy Seoulful Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Family Foodie inspired by Kimchi Mom
- New Orleans Style White Beans & Rice by Catholic Foodie inspired by The Hand that Rocks the Ladle
- Spice Rubbed Chicken Tacos with Tropical Salsa by The Urban Mrs. inspired by Family Foodie
- Mac n Cheese Cups with Pork Shoulder Ragu by Crispy Bits and Burnt Ends inspired by Hip Foodie Mom
Sunday Supper Veggies:
- Carrots au Gratin by Shockingly Delicious inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Skillet Spinach Corn with Edamame, Cilantro & Bacon Bits by The Lovely Pantry inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Sunday Supper Desserts and Snacks:
- Chocolate Brownie Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake inspired by Magnolia Days
- Mexican Hot Cocoa Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cinnamon Apple Chimichangas by La Cocina de Leslie inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Apple Pull Apart Bread with Caramel Drizzle by Cravings of a Lunatic inspired by Gotta Get Baked
- Cherry Tart by Happy Baking Days inspired by Vintage Kitchen
- Orange Rolls by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Caramel Apple Bread by The Foodie Army Wife inspired by Fam Friends Food
- Rosettes by Simply Gourmet inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Donut Puffs by Soni’s Food inspired by Daily Dish Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cut-out Cookies by Basic and Delicious inspired by Chocolate Moosey
- Nutella Shortbread Bars by Kelly Bakes inspired by Baker Street
- Butterscotch Pudding Triple Chip Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen inspired by Dinner Dishes and Desserts
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream by The Messy Baker Blog inspired by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Angel Cake Sandwiches by Ninja Baker inspired by That Skinny Girl Can Bake
- Soft Pretzels with Spicy Beer Cheese Sauce by Vintage Kitchen inspired by girlichef
- Sweet N Spicy Roasted Spiced Nuts by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz inspired by The Foodie Army Wife
- Cheesecake with Fresh Berries by An Appealing Plan inspired by The Messy Baker Blog
- Spiced Pumpkin Ricotta Oat Muffins by In the Kitchen with Audrey inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Budget Friendly Breakfast Freezable Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwiches by In The Kitchen with KP inspired by Big Bear’s Wife
- Raspberry Hot Chocolate by My Catholic Kitchen inspired by Momma’s Meals
Sunday Supper Wine Pairings by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.