Ahi Tuna Recipe with Soy Sauce Dressing
I have a saying that makes me smile every time of I think of it. “Old Friends are like Old Shoes.” Old friends are comfortable, there is no break in period, they fit just right and there is no need to impress them. They love you just the way you are. Think about it, they really are like your favorite pair of shoes that fit just! I am excited to be spend this #SundaySupper with one of my dearest friends and his family and share this Ahi Tuna Recipe with them.
We love cooking together and Paul couldn’t wait to take me to his favorite market. We visited Carmine’s Market and saw the most beautiful Ahi Tuna and that was all the inspiration we needed. Ahi Tuna Salad Family Style is perfect for a crowd and so much fun to cook together.
Ahi Tuna Salad Family Style
- For the Ahi Tuna:
- 2 Ahi Tuna Steaks
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Lime
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Green Onions sliced
- For the Salad:
- 1 Large Head of Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- ½ Onion sliced very thin
- 1 Bunch of Roasted thin Asparagus (optional)
- For the Dressing: *best made the day before
- 1 package of Good Seasons Dressing (buy the complete package with cruet)
- Olive Oil according to instructions
- Balsamic Vinegar according to instructions
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- ½ lime juice
- Mix Dressing according to package directions and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Mix Soy Sauce, juice from half a lime, garlic and green onions
- Marinate Tuna in the soy sauce mixture
- Sear on a hot grill for one minute on each side for medium rare
- Layer the Lettuce, tomatoes, onions and asparagus
- Slice the Tuna Steak very thin and lay on top of salad
- Drizzle salad with the dressing and serve family style
This #Sundaysupper was one that I will remember for a long time. There is nothing like settling in with “old shoes” and enjoying Ahi Tuna.
#SundaySupper is so much more than one meal a week and we are honored to be breaking bread with a company that is as passionate as we are about wine, food and friends. We welcome Merrell Outdoors Around the Family Table.
Merrell has chosen these amazing bloggers to host a giveaway on their site. Make sure you stop by for a chance to win some great Merrell Products. From city streets to mountain trails and everywhere in between, we are impressed by Merrell’s passion! Go check out their great comments and join us for our #SundaySupper live chat at 7pm ET for your chance to win amazing Merrell products.
- Blueberry Muffins by Magnolia Days
- Korean Ribs – Alaska Camping Edition with MrsMamaHen
- Fresh Corn on the Cob by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Hearts of Palm Salad with Avocado by Basic n Delicious
- Shallot BBQ Shredded Beef by Juanita’s Cocina
- Taking #SundaySupper Outdoors With a Fun Picnic…Featuring Spicy Pinto and Black Bean Salad with Roasted Corn and Avocado by The Weekend Gourmet
- On Top of Our Game with Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars by The Watering Mouth
- Chicken & Dumplings Around the Campfire by Daily Dish Recipes
- Wine & Food Festivals; a lifestyle the whole family can enjoy! by Wine Everyday
The Sunday Supper fun continues. Take a look at these wonderful stories and recipes for this event:
- Embracing Old Family Traditions while creating New Ones ~ Enchiladas de Chile y Ajo by Girlichef
- The Embassy´s Nut Crescents by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chicken Curry Pie by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Prosecco Sangria by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Grilled Campfire Steak with Bleu Cheese Sauce by The Messy Baker
- Bringing #SundaySupper to All by Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Honey Mustard Baked Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- S’mores Brownies: Desserts Make #SundaySupper by Mama Mommy Mom
- Tandoori Salmon Rolled in Whole Wheat Couscous by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Whole Wheat Macaroni with Spinach Pecan Pesto-Enjoying by Soni’s Food for Thought
- Southwestern Chicken Wraps Fam Friends Food
- Outdoor Grilling Filipino Rice Cakes in Coconut & Banana Leaves by The Queen’s Notebook
- Ahi Tuna Salad Family Style Family Foodie
- Wines For The Foods That Move You ENOFYLZ
SundaySupper. The fun starts every week at 3:00pm ET by showcasing fabulous recipes. At 7:00 pm ET, we will start our live chat. Join us on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat. We love to feature your recipes on our #sundaysupper pinterest board and share them with all of our followers.
You might want to say hello to our friends at Merrell too: www.merrell.com