What should I make for dinner? That is what I found myself asking my family recently. Ron chimed in — You haven’t made that Chicken Recipe with the angel hair pasta and white wine sauce that you used to make when we first moved to Florida. For a minute, I couldn’t recall what recipe that could be, but then it came back to me. He was referring to my Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken Spinach and White Wine Sauce.
Along with the memories of this Chicken and Pasta Recipe, came memories of our transition from Pennsylvania to Florida. Memories of living on the beach while our house was being built and I reminisced just how scary it was to move away from family for the first time.
I recall looking forward to dinner around the family table every night more than ever. That meant that Ron would be home and I would have someone to talk to besides a toddler and a 9 month old. I could whip up this recipe for Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken Spinach and White Wine Sauce in the small condo kitchen and we could sit on the deck with a glass of wine and enjoy the sunset while enjoying a restaurant style meal.
I am not sure how or why I stopped making this dish, but everyone in our home is in agreement — it’s so good to see it back around our family table!
We have enjoyed creating recipes with stories around Gallo Sweet Wine Blend and the Gallo Merlot. I enjoyed the Gallo Sweet Wine Blend, this sweet, light-bodied wine is best served chilled and pairs well with fresh fruit, light salads and most brunch fare. It was not only perfect in this recipe, but it paired really well with the light pasta and chicken dish. Ron completely enjoyed the Gallo Merlot, the full-bodied Merlot is all about taste. It’s tough not to enjoy the blended flavors of black cherry, ripe plum and hints of oak that create a velvety richness. The Merlot has become one of Ron’s new favorites.
We would love to have you join us around the family table for Sunday Supper this week as we share some of our favorite stories featuring our special food memories and paired with Gallo Family Wines. These recipes may create a story or perhaps inspire you to start a tradition around the family table.
- Crepes with Sweet Wine Poached Berries by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Overnight Blueberry Baked French Toast by Alida’s Kitchen
- Sangria Stuffed French Toast by Melanie Makes
Mains and Sides:
- Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken Spinach and White Wine Sauce by Family Foodie
- Baby, That’s a Good Merlot Onion Burger by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Beef Braciole with Parmesan and Prosciutto by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Beef Daube by The Foodie Army Wife
- Chicken and Couscous Stuffed Peppers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Sausage and Mushroom Skillet over Goat Cheese Grits by Neighborfood
- Giambotta an Italian Veggie Stew by Country Girl In The Village
- Grilled Pepperoni Pizza by Ruffles & Truffles
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken Thighs by Hip Foodie Mom
- Short Rib Ragu with Rigatoni by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff by Foxes Love Lemons
- Spaghetti All’Ubriaco by kimchi MOM
- Tarragon Chicken by girlichef
- World’s Best Turkey Meatballs by Shockingly Delicious
Beverages and Desserts:
- Tropical Breezes Sangria by The Weekend Gourmet
- Lemon on a Cloud by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Merlot Cherry Cupcakes with Sweet White Frosting by Magnolia Days
If you would love to try some of our Sunday Supper Recipes and want to find a retailer carrying Gallo Family Wines near you, click here. You can also visit Gallo’s website or connect with via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.