It all started with a Saturday morning trip to our local farmers market. Right before my eyes were these gorgeous baby romaine lettuce hearts. They were too pretty to just walk by, I just had to bring them home with us. I had no idea what I would make. With bags full of bread, feta cheese, fruits and veggies, we walked by our favorite seafood market and the sign for Fresh Florida Gulf Shrimp caught our attention.
We were destined to have romaine and shrimp for dinner, but with my boys, salad just isn’t enough. I spent the afternoon planning and testing recipes in the kitchen and came up with Angel Hair Shrimp Lettuce Wraps. The entire family loved them and the best part about it – they were so easy to prepare and you can add any toppings you like.
I could totally see these Angel Hair Shrimp Lettuce Wraps at a special occasion like a baby shower or graduation party.
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced, plus ½ lemon, zested
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons butter
- romaine lettuce, romaine hearts if you can find them. If not, just break the romaine lettuce into smaller pieces
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water, over medium heat, and cook for approximately 8 minutes.
- Drain and reserve approximately 1 cup of the water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Once shimmering and hot, add the shrimp and saute until just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate and reserve.
- Add the garlic to the skillet, then saute for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and white wine and raise the heat to high.
- Reduce the liquid, approximately 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the butter.
- Add 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and return the shrimp. Remove from the heat.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss.
- Add the lemon zest and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the Angel Hair Shrimp on top of the romaine lettuce and sprinkle with the feta cheese.
Get ready to roll with this great line up! We are so excited to have Amy from our host for the week, Amy from kimchi MOM hosting this week’s event and know you will love these fabulous recipes.
Starters and Snacks
- Endive Stuffed with Blue Cheese, Walnuts and Honey by Shockingly Delicious
- Filipino Turon (Banana Lumpia) by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Arepas de Queso by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Tinga Taquitos with Avocado Cream by Savvy Eats
- Eggy Rice Wraps by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Puff Pastry and Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Onigiri by Brunch With Joy
- Stuffed Pierogie Shells by Seduction in The Kitchen
- Scotch Eggs with Sriracha Dipping Sauce by Run DMT
- Celery Root Lettuce Wraps with Beluga Lentils by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Entrees and Mains
- Rouladen by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Stracci di Antrodoco by Manu’s Menu
- Eggplant Rollatini by MealDiva
- Chicken Cordon Blue by The Foodie Army Wife
- Stuffed Whole Baby Savoy Cabbages by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Taco Egg Rolls by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Tempura Roll by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Lemon and Herb Stuffed Salmon by Nosh My Way
- Tamales de Rajas y Requeson (Roasted Poblano Tamales) by La Cocina de Leslie
- Bademjan Shekam-por by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mascarpone Blueberry Stuffed French Toast by gotta get baked
- Korean-style Meaty Stuffed Potatoes by kimchi MOM
- Strawberries and Cream Pancake Roll by Curious Cuisiniere
- Creamy Goat Cheese Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Greek Rolled Meatloaf by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Shrimp Burritos Con Queso by Cooking On The Ranch
- Bee-Bim Bop Sushi Rolls by NinjaBaking.com
- Angel Hair Shrimp Lettuce Wraps by Family Foodie
- Genoa Salami and Kalamata Olive Calzones by The Texan New Yorker
- Zucchini Boats by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Girl’s Camp Breakfast Burritos by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crab Louie Stuffed Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Rustic “Wrapped” Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- Potato Roll Stuffed with Ham and Cheese in Red Sause by Basic N Delicious
- Ham, Turkey and Cheddar Turnovers by Magnolia Days
- Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Burritos by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pizza Pockets by girlichef
- Ham and Cheese Crescent “Roll” Stromboli by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Wellington Braciole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Greek Salad Wrap by The Messy Baker
- Cabbage Venison Lettuce Wraps With Fresh Herbs by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
All Things Sweet
- Easy Apple Dumplings by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Chocolate Hazelnut Rugelach by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Cake Roll by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cannoli Stuffed French Toast by Momma’s Meals
- Lemon Poppyseed Swirl Cookies by What Smells So Good
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Egg Rolls by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry and Lemon-Curd Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chocolate Chip Banana Sweet Rolls by Big Bear’s Wife
- Orange Chocolate Swiss Roll by Noshing With The Nolands
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday!We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest boardfor more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement