I believe that few things are as beneficial to our health, both body and soul, as a home-cooked meal eaten at the table with family and friends. - Sara Moulton
Who could have imagined (not me) when I wrote my first post on July 18, 2011 about my daughter leaving for college, an amazing group of Food Bloggers would come together to create the Sunday Supper Movement? Almost 2 years later, our passion for food and family has inspired me to host the First Annual Food and Wine Conference. We have so many wonderful people joining us in two weeks and I am just speechless.
One of the highlights of our conference is that we will have the opportunity to meet and get to know Sara Moulton, author of the book “Everyday Family Dinners,” and celebrity chef. As a young Mom, I loved watching Sara on television. I can remember writing down all of Sara’s recipes on index cards as I watched her show. Those cards are still sitting in a recipe box in my kitchen.
Not only will the conference attendees get to meet Sara in person, but I wanted to make sure the entire #SundaySupper community had the opportunity to meet this amazing chef. I am excited to announce that this week during #SundaySupper, we will virtually break bread around the family table with Sara Moulton. It has been such a pleasure getting to know Sara. She is such a genuine person and a true gift to our Community. I know you are all going to love her as much as I do.
Please join me in welcoming Sara Moulton to #SundaySupper this week. Join us at 7pm Eastern Time for this special event. As you can tell, words can not express how thrilled I am to feature Sara and the recipes that have inspired me for years. Sara is going to chat about her favorite recipes, answer questions and share some Julia Child moments. I can’t wait to hear her stories.
We are so excited for this event and want to share recipes from Sara Moulton’s Everyday Family Dinners with all of you. Join the chat and follow the bloggers listed below. Selected bloggers will be giving away a copy of this must have cookbook.
Breakfast for Dinner:
- Open-faced Zucchini Omelet with Red Bell Pepper and Feta by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Chocolate French Toast with Fresh Strawberry Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Polenta Lasagne by Blueberries and Blessings
- Spicy Korean Cheesesteak by Kimchi MOM
- Chorizo Mushroom Bites by La Cocina de Leslie
- Roasted Ratatouille Crêpes with Goat Cheese by Healthy.Delicious.
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pizza by Runner’s Tales
- Clay Pot Vegetable Stew by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Reuben Pizza by Juanita’s Cocina
- Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Zucchini by The Messy Baker Blog
- Manchego, Fig and Bacon Flatbreads by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by girlichef
- Gluten Free Mozzarella Pesto Pizza by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Peppery Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Angel Hair Pasta by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chicken Artichoke Piccata by Sustainable Dad
- Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Deli Style Turkey Reuben Pizza by In The Kitchen with KP
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Caper Sauce by Family Foodie
Spectacular Sides and Salads:
- Curried Peas and Black Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Feta, Chickpeas, and Pita Croutons by Supper for a Steal
- A Summer Salad from Paris by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Caprese Salad with Avocado by Ruffles & Truffles
Don’t Skip Desserts and Drinks:
- Three-Ingredient Pluot Crisp by Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Strawberry Dessert by Growing Up Gabel
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies by Killer Bunnies
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkish Pistachio and Apricot Bread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade by The Urban Mrs.
- Blueberry Crepes by Basic N Delicious
- Nectarine Upside-Down Cake by Magnolia Days
- Cannoli Strawberries by Foxes Love Lemons
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Watermelon Basil Lemonade by Curious Cuisiniere
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.