We have become obsessed with Arroz con Pollo (chicken and rice) this summer. Can you believe I had not made this dish until recently? Like every recipe that we really really like, my kids love creating new versions of it. The Arroz con Pollo Panini is one of our new Reinvented Leftover Recipes that is perfect for weekday suppers.
It’s summertime. Not only is it summertime, it is August. You know what that means, the kids are a little restless and mom is starting to get a tad frazzled with juggling work and kids and kids friends. Yes, I must admit I am at that point that I may be getting a little cranky. It seems that every time I am on a conference call, the kids are making so much noise in the pool, that I have to leave my office and move it to another room. This time of year, I am looking for easy weekday supper recipes to feed the kids and get them off to football practice.
I am so thankful that I tried the Arroz con Pollo (chicken and rice) recipe from The Mom 100 Cookbook. We originally enjoyed it for Sunday Supper but quickly realized it is easy enough to add our our weekday suppers. I love doubling the recipe and enjoying the leftovers. Since I had oven roasted peppers this week, Panini came to mind and the creation of Arroz con Pollo Panini was invented and got a huge thumbs up from my boys.
- Leftover Arroz con Pollo Chicken sliced thin
- Leftover Arroz con Pollo Rice
- Oven Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 slices crusty country bread, white or mild whole wheat
- 4 tablespoons shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Layer Arroz con Pollo, Roasted Red Peppers, Cheddar Cheese between the country bread
- Season with salt and pepper
- Brush Olive Oil on the outside of both slices
- Place on hot Panini Press and heat until you have grill marks and cheese is melted
- Serve with Olives and a simple salad
Kid Ratings: Ronnie 10, Reis 9, Riley 8.5 (no roasted red peppers for him)