It feels good to be back! I had no idea how much I missed it until I was away for two weeks. I didn’t think that it would be possible for me to stay away for two weeks but it happened, and during this time I was so busy that I didn’t even realize that I had let it go for two whole weeks.
Meeting so many of you this past weekend made it all worth it. To see you and give you a hug in real life made me realize that this is really what social media is all about. Our friendship and admiration started online through our Sunday Supper Movement, but meeting you in person, having you meet my family and having you take part in this Inaugural Food and Wine Conference meant the world to me. You have no idea what a thrill it was to meet you all in person.
The Food and Wine Conference solidified so many things for me. I learned that no matter how large your online following is, there is nothing like live interaction. Watching introductions being made, enjoying the interactions that were taking place and seeing that we can change lives when we all come together, made it all worth it. The Sunday Supper Movement brought these individuals together and there was love, admiration and encouragement everywhere we turned this past weekend.
I write this with such wonderful memories, a lump in my throat and absolute amazement. What really blew me away was the fact that all the members that could not attend the conference felt so strongly that #SundaySupper must go on. Conni from The Foodie Army Wife held down the fort while the rest of us were at the conference. She did such an amazing job that #SundaySupper trended on twitter. The commitment of the Sunday Supper Contributors truly blew me away and I can not thank them enough!
- 1 Small Mediterranean Pita Bread
- ¾ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Green Onion chopped
- 1 slice thin Prosciutto diced into thin strips
- 1½ Cup Arugula
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice from ¼ Lemon
- 2 tablespoons shaved or shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Sea Salt and fresh ground Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat over to 375 degrees
- Lay the Pita on a pizza stone or pizza pan
- Layer the Mozzarella Cheese, Green Onion and Prosciutto
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and slightly browned
- In a small bowl mix the arugula with the Olive Oil, Lemon Juice and Salt and Pepper
- Top with the shaved Parmesan Cheese
In our family, we love popping up on Saturday and going to our local Farmer’s Market. Cheese, Vegetables, hummus and mediterranean pita bread are some of our favorite items to pick up and this is one of our favorite creations. We love the Pizza and Salad combination.
It feel so good to be back into the Sunday Supper swing of things and I love this week’s theme. I am a huge Farmer’s Market shopper, in fact it is the highlight of our Saturday mornings. This week’s event hosted by T.R. Crumbley from No One Likes Crumbley Cookies is all about recipes inspired by the Farmer’s Market. Look at all these amazing recipes:
Appetizers & Salads
- Garlic Scape Dip from The Girl In the Little Red Kitchen
- Onion Bacon Jam with Bread n’ Brie from Gotta Get Baked
- Kale & Pepita Pesto from girlichef
- Quinoa Garden Salad from The Urban Mrs
- Grilled Cherry Tomato and Goat Cheese Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Watermelon-Feta Salad with Pomegranate Drizzle from The Weekend Gourmet
Soups & Sides
- Watermelon Gazpacho from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Classic Gazpacho from Curious Cuisiniere
- Pea Soup from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Pickled Garlic Scapes from kimchi MOM
- Cheesy Zucchini Hodge Podge from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Succotash from Magnolia Days
- 3 Easy Japanese Spinach Recipes from Ninja Baking
- Seasoned Potato Chips and a Michigan-made Meal from Foxes Love Lemons
- Cheesy Zucchini Fritters from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Summer Veggie Pizza from Country Girl In The Village
- Tomato Pie from The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Kitchen Sink Vegetable Curry from What Smells So Good?
- Margherita Pizza from Growing Up Gabel
- Three Sauces with Summer Herbs to Transform a Simple Grilled Dinner from Cook the Story
- Vegetable Quesadillas from Cookin’ Mimi
- Mushroom Scallion Risotto from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Summer Linguine with Grilled Vegetables from Neighborfood
- Pasta alla Norma Nuda from Juanita’s Cocina
- Arugula Prosciutto Pizza from Family Foodie
- Peach Cobbler from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coconut Cherry Bars from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Lightened Up Peach and Blueberry Cobbler from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Cherry Brandy Cobbler from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Maple Ice Cream from Pies and Plots
- Cherry Clafoutis from Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Figs with Caramel, Honey Ice Cream and Aged Balsamic from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Peach Ice Cream Paletas from Basic N Delicious
- Gluten Free Sour Cherry Cake from No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.