Our family has a little addiction. It was born out of convenience. Getting a family our size to agree on every meal is tough. Flatbreads are a great way to let everyone customize their dinners. The kids love making their own and adding favorite toppings. They quickly became an obsession around here.. We have been known to reinvent almost anything into a flatbread. While we love all our creations, we are really enjoyed turning our flatbreads into awesome flatbread salads. It is such a great way to get the kids eating some extra veggies and trying new things.
This Arugula Tomato and Beans Flatbread is inspired by Alexandra. She is home this weekend and we are having so much fun celebrating her new “Big Girl” job. She loves salads and is nuts over beans. The Arugula Tomato and Beans Flatbread combines some of her favorite flavors.
We must warn you, this flatbread can not be enjoyed like a pizza. If you try to eat it with your hands, be very careful as the beans and tomatoes may roll right off. Get your fork and knife out and enjoy this crispy and delicious treat.
- 1 15 ounce can of cannellini beans
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon truffle salt or sea salt of your choice
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 4 thin flatbreads
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- Combine the cannellini beans, green onions, olive oil, truffle salt and pepper in a medium size bowl.
- Mix well, cover and refrigerate for one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Place the flatbreads on a baking sheet and sprinkle with mozzarella Cheese and oregano
- Bake for approximately 5 minutes or until cheese bubbles and flatbread is crispy
- Mix the arugula with bean mixture and place the mixture on the flatbreads, evenly divided.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes on top.
- Add additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Cut the flatbreads in four and serve.
These flatbreads also make the A list at the Family Foodie household:
- Avocado Hummus by Our Good Life
- Bean Ragoût and Crisped Mushrooms by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Black Bean Chili Nachos by Brunch with Joy
- Chickpea Fries (Panisse) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Greek Layer Hummus Dip by Food Done Light
- Pizza Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- White Bean and Basil Spread by Peaceful Cooking
Bean-a-rific Soups and Stews:
- Butternut Squash White Bean Soup by Magnolia Days
- Chickpea and Bean Soup by Momma’s Meals
- Classic Cassoulet by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Beans and Greens by Simply Healthy Family
- Kielbasa and White Bean Soup by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Navy Bean & Kale Soup by An Appealing Plan
- Slow Cooker Navy Bean Soup with Ham by The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Pork with Beans Stew by Nosh My Way
- Spicy Sausage, White Bean and Spinach Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Bean and Cornbread Salad by MealDiva
- Clams with Black Beans by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gold Rush Baked Beans by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Pinto Beans With Cornbread Croutons by Nik Snacks
- Whiskey Bacon Baked Beans by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Incredi-bean Main Meals:
- Arugula Tomato and Beans Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Bean and Bacon Tacos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Beefy Lima Bean Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Black-Eyed Pea Ragout with Frisée and an Egg by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Colombian Red beans – Frisoles Antioquenos by Palatable Pastime
- Honey-Lime Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos by The Chunky Chef
- One Pot Tuscan Style Garlic Herb Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Orecchiette Pasta with Greens and Beans by Delaware Girl Eats
- Skillet Black Beans and Pork by Cooking Chat
- Ultimate Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Pancake Warriors
Amaze-beans Sweet Endings:
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean Bark by Love and Confections
- Flourless Almond Joy Cookie Dough Ball by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Flourless Mocha Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies by Wallflour Girl
- Gluten-Free Donuts by NinjaBaker
- Pecan Praline Black Bean Brownies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Soy Awesome Cookies 2.0 by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Coco-Cacao Bean Green Smoothie by Dandelion Greens
- Sweet Bean Pie by Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee by Noshing With The Nolands
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.