When you have four children, it is really fun to spend time with each of them individually. I have enjoyed doing this at every stage of their lives but I find that now that I have two in college, those moments together have become even more special. Recently, I enjoyed a great meal at Elevage with my daughter. We have so much fun dining together and there is nothing that we enjoy more than ordering dishes to share.
We enjoy experimenting with new flavor combinations and were excited to order the Asparagus Egg Salad. When it came perfectly plated with a poached egg on top, our server told us to burst through the egg and mix it with the salad dressing. Let’s just say — we were excited. Never missing a food photo opportunity, here is the instagram.
It was love at first bite – the tangy dressing mixed with the egg, crisp asparagus and sweet butter lettuce. We immediately knew that we had to create this Asparagus Egg Salad at home. Seriously, what could be so hard about a recreating a salad? We found out the hard way that this salad was not so easy to duplicate. Another instagram moment – first attempt, getting the salad dressing just right, I think we got it. Let’s just say, it took us a couple of attempts to get it right. So typical, by the time we were done — the salad looked very different than what we enjoyed at dinner. That is the beauty of loving to experiment, create, cook and inspire.
Here is my version of the Asparagus Egg Salad that we not only fell in love with, but will serve over and over — because it really is that good. I do have to warn you, if you are a chef or a culinary student — don’t look. Yes, I will tell everyone to cook the asparagus and the poached egg together. I know, I know! If we were to follow culinary rules, we should be poaching in one pan and blanching properly in another. Then we should slow the cooking process with ice. As a busy mom that wants to get delicious meals on the table, I am going to tell you — ain’t nobody got time for that! Too many steps to follow and too many dishes to clean!
I love using Davidson’s Safest Choice™ in this recipe. They use an all-natural Safest Choice™ pasteurization process, gentle warm water bath—that doesn’t change the nutrition or flavor. The Safest Choice™ all-natural egg pasteurization process eliminates the risk of Salmonella in eggs before the eggs even enter your kitchen.
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are available in two varieties, All-Natural and Cage Free. For both varieties, Safest Choice™ only sources eggs from vegetarian-fed hens that are hormone and antibiotic free. Safest Choice™ eggs come from USDA certified and inspected farms that are Kosher certified by the Orthodox Union. Safest Choice™ uses fresh Cage Free eggs from farms approved as Certified Humane®.
The Sunday Supper Team does it again — you are going to love this week’s No-Bake Recipes that are perfect for the Summer.
No-Bake Savory Recipes:
- Asparagus Egg Salad by Family Foodie
- Buffalo Aioli by Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Caesar Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Deviled Egg Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Grilled Pizza with Egg, Arugula, and Balsamic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Huevos Rancheros by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Korean Rolled Omelette (Gaeran Mari) by kimchi MOM
- Mom’s Potato Salad by Casa de Crews
- Pizza for Breakfast! Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
- Shrimp Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
No-Bake Sweet Recipes:
- Brownie Batter Truffles by Desserts Required
- Creamy Chocolate Blender Mousse by Shockingly Delicious
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie by Neighborfood
- “Funky Monkey” PB Ripple Chip Banana Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon and Strawberry Parfaits by Magnolia Days
- No Bake Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry Lemon Meringue Waffles by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Pudding Cups by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Marshmallow S’mores by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Read more at http://magnoliadays.com/2014/lemon-strawberry-parfaits/#ZHIQMtCEYdUSQQzM.99
We are so excited about Safest Choice™ Eggs and want to give you the opportunity to join us at this year’s Food and Wine Conference in Orlando and meet Chef Guiliano Hazan. Chef Guiliano will be doing a demo showcasing Safest Choice™ Eggs. Your recipe could win you a pass to the Food and Wine Conference, $500 gift card plus a year of free eggs. Check out the details by clicking here.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by the Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs. All opinions are my own.