This Bacon Egg Potato Turkey Leftover Soup is better the second time around!
I am not kidding when I tell you that this soup is almost better the second time around. It is a meal in itself and is so well liked by my family that I purposely make extra mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving so we could have this soup on Friday. It is now a tradition that everyone looks forward to. As much as the the creamy potato soup and shredded turkey could stand on it’s own, the true superstars are the egg and bacon. They totally take this Bacon Egg Potato Turkey Leftover Soup to a new level!
Give it a shot this year after your big Thanksgiving dinner and let me know if your family likes it as much as mine.
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced or shredded
- 2 cups of mashed potatoes
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken
- 4 cups of turkey or chicken broth
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes.
- Add the mashed potatoes and stir until well blended.
- Pour in chicken broth and stir in chicken, carrots, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, gently drop in the eggs and do not stir. Let cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve in bowls with an egg and a slice of bacon in each serving.
May your Thanksgiving be filled with memories around the family table to last a lifetime!
- Mini Stuffing Muffins by An Appealing Plan
- Turkey Egg Roll with Cranberry Sauce by Brunch-n-Bites
- Turkey Glass Noodle Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Country Skillet Breakfast by The Freshman Cook
- Mashed Potato Craisin Bread by Baking Sense
- Sweet Potato Casserole Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Thanksgiving Leftover Eggs Benedict by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- “Australian Pie” – Leftover Turkey Pie with Raisins and Béchamel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brie Cranberry Turkey Quesadillas by Food Lust People Love
- Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Chicken Pizza by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cranberry Pork Tenderloin by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamed Spinach Turkey Pasta by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole by Cricket’s Confections
- Leftover Turkey Pasta with Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Alfredo Stuffed Shells by Palatable Pastime
- Turkey Broccoli and Cheddar Pot Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Turkey Grilled Cheese with Cranberry and Brie by Our Life Tastes Good
- Turkey Pot Pie Casserole by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa by Food Done Light
- Turkey Shepherd’s Pie by Monica’s Table
- Baked Mashed Potato Pancakes by Pies and Plots
- Bubble Up Hot Brown Casserole by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Leftover Mashed Potato Puffs by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Arroz Caldo with Turkey by Asian In America
- Leftover Turkey Tortilla Soup by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Lemony Chicken-Lentil Soup with Couscous by What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.