Beef Tenderloin with Blue Cheese and Chorizo Port Wine Sauce will wow your family this year!
Please tell me that I am not the only one that loves picky food more than an actual elaborate sit down meal. This is especially true during the holidays. I love hearty appetizers that I get excited about by just looking at them. After all, who doesn’t like eating with their eyes. This recipe for Beef Tenderloin with Blue Cheese and Chorizo Port Wine is so perfect for entertaining during the holidays and keeping it casual.
I learned so much about roasting during my visit with Certified Angus Beef . I could go on and on about what an amazing experience this was. Chef Michael Ollier knows his way with beef and boy did I pick up some great tips by cooking along with him. It was a truly inspiring weekend. So — guess what I will be serving this Holiday Season? Beef Tenderloin two ways, as a traditional roast and then as this beautiful appetizer.
Don’t let the long name scare you, this Beef Tenderloin with Blue Cheese and Chorizo Port Wine Sauce is easy, delicious and packed with flavor. You can serve it as a roast for an elegant family style meal or you could serve these beautiful hearty appetizers over crostini. Either way, it is guaranteed to be a big hit at this year’s Holiday Party.
- 1 5 pound Certified Angus Beef Tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3 ounce chorizo, diced
- 2 cups port wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 french baguette, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- arugula to garnish, if desired
- fresh ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Season tenderloin generously with salt and pepper and place in a large roasting pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 325º F and roast for 45 minutes or to desired doneness using meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- While the roast is in the oven, prepare the sauce.
- In a medium saucepan add the olive oil, fresh chives and chorizo.
- Cook on medium until the chorizo is crispy, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the port wine and let cook on medium until reduced in half.
- Whisk in the butter.
- In the meantime, place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and place them in the 350º F oven for approximately 5-8 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven and plate on serving dish.
- Slice the beef tenderloin in ¼-inch slices and place on top of the baguette slices.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the chorizo port wine sauce and make sure to grab pieces of chorizo from the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of blue cheese and garnish with arugula if desired.
This recipe was originally posted on 12/11/2014 but I have had so many requests sent to me that I thought it would be worth posting again. Happy Holidays to all! Let me know if this makes it’s way to your holiday table this year.