What a year 2014 has been!
Truly a year that I will never forget in so many ways. The best part of it all was connecting with so many of you in person. I love the digital world but I have to admit, there is nothing like meeting in person. I will never forget all the hugs, laughs, drinks, amazing food and of course the 2014 Food and Wine Conference. I have a whole new appreciation for what it means to be part of a community. The love, support and commitment of the Sunday Supper Family is something that I could never put into words.
The cards, the messages, the calls that I received this year from contributors, followers and readers blew me away! Thank you for making 2014 a year filled with memories around the family table. Thank you for teaching me that when we all come together, we can make a difference in the lives of other. I am so excited to step into 2015 and see what the Sunday Supper family table will be serving next year.
I had the honor of tasting some amazing flavors this year and it was so hard to choose just one craving. But as I look back on 2014, I would say that the one food craving that I fell in love with over and over again is Beef. I learned how to master beef in 2014 and our family table will never be the same.
We enjoyed featuring The Beef Checkoff around the family table for #SundaySupper and #WeekdaySupper and were thrilled to learning how to cut and cook beef during the Food and Wine Conference featured demonstrations. I had so much fun hosting a #MeatUp at Meat Market Miami with Florida Beef Council. And I was so inspired by the amazing Chefs at Certified Angus Beef ® . There is nothing like having the opportunity to cook in the kitchen with talented chefs. I left Wooster, Ohio with a wealth of knowledge and I was inspired to feature beef tenderloin around the family table this holiday season.
My kids and husband are my biggest fans and their support this year, as I traveled more than I ever have since having children, blew me away. Their unconditional love and encouragement meant the world to me. When I served my Beef Tenderloin with Chorizo Port Wine Sauce, they swore that it was the best Christmas dinner they had ever tasted.
The only thing that could make all these beef recipes even better – is a great glass of wine and we have just the perfect one for you to try. It was our pleasure to feature Gallo Family Vineyards around the family table in 2014 and pairing their Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir and Hearty Burgundy with our favorite beef dishes. Whether adding Gallo Family Wines to your beef dishes like this recipe for Braised Beef Ravioli or pairing your beef dishes with their delicious wines – we loved our partnership with Gallo Family in 2014.
Since my Christmas Beef Tenderloin was such a huge hit and we are thinking New Year’s Resolutions, I wanted to showcase beef in a lighter version. This Beef Tenderloin Citrus Arugula Salad is the perfect way to kick off 2015. It is light, delicious and has an amazing combination of flavors! You can use either of these recipes for beef tenderloin, make extra and feature the leftover beef in a new way. Beef with Chorizo Port Wine Sauce and Beef Tenderloin with tomatoes and corn.
- Juice from one lemon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cups of arugula
- 12 slices of thinly sliced Certified Angus Beef ®, approximately 6 ounces
- ½ teaspoon of truffle sea salt or fresh ground sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 large oranges, sliced thin
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed and reserved
- Combine lemon juice and olive oil.
- Arrange arugula on a serving platter and top with beef tenderloin slices.
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Top with orange slices and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve cold.
This event is being hosted by Cindy of Cindy’s Recipes and Writings – Cindy is a longtime Sunday Supper tastemaker and her recipes are just fantastic. Check out all the cravings from our Tastemakers in 2014.
- Beef Tenderloin Citrus Arugula Salad from Family Foodie
- Chunky Beef Chili from MealDiva
- Cowboy Candy and Cream Cheese from Rhubarb and Honey
- Creamy Veggie and Chip Dip from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Golabki (Polish Cabbage Rolls) from Healthy. Delicious.
- Jalapeno Poppers Wrapped in Bacon from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lightened and Loaded Potato Soup from Momma’s Meals
- Prime Rib Roast from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Roasted Cashews & Walnuts with Honey and Herbs from Delaware Girl Eats
- Russian Black Bread from Curious Cuisiniere
- Sausage and Cheese Stromboli from Casa de Crews
- Steak and Eggs from Nosh My Way
- Steak Tartare from The Texan New Yorker
- Swiss Onion Bread from The Foodie Army Wife
Quench Your Thirst Cravings
- Crab Artichoke Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mussels in Coconut Broth with Garlic Toasts from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Seafood Scampi from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth Cravings
- Apple Bundt Cake from Pancake Warriors
- Dark Chocolate Potato Chip Fudge from Nik Snacks
- Dulce de Leche Rice Krispy Treats from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Hot Chocolate Milky Way Brownie Pie from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lower-Sugar Carrot Cake Jam from What Smells So Good?
- Maple Syrup Creme Brule from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mint Infused Deep Dish Brownies from The Perfect Brownie
- Paleo Pound Cake from NinjaBaker
- Pizzelle from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Sweet Potato Sheet Cake from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.