Berry Honey Ricotta Whip. Oh so simple yet Oh so delicious. Fresh berries honey and ricotta topped with basil.
Oh my goodness. Life is busy. My family will tell you that I am not able to sit through watching most shows and definitely can not make it through a movie. I go-go-go and the minute I sit to watch a movie or a show, I am out. I often hear people talking about the great lengths they go through to fall asleep at night. I can not relate. I am not kidding, I am here to tell you that I can’t remember ever not falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.
The flip side of this story is that I rarely sleep beyond 5:00 am and when I pop up, I don’t stop until I sit down and try to watch a show with the family….zzzzz. This also means that in the middle of my busy days, I look for those moments to stop and enjoy the “now”. Our meals are filled with mostly simple dishes that can be prepared in very little time. But that doesn’t mean that we sacrifice on taste and nutrition. Quite the opposite, to me, the best dishes are those that require very little fussing. Great ingredients come together harmoniously to create the best recipes.
This simple recipe for Berry and Honey Whipped Ricotta Whip is proof that you don’t need a fancy dish to make the family feel special. You don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen to create a showstopping dessert. I love creating little tidbits and enjoying time around the family table. Sometimes the family table is in the kitchen, this time of year you can find us out on the back lanai and many times it is in the family room as we cheer on our favorite team. Those are the moments when the busyness stops and we enjoy the moment. Those are my favorite moments.
- 1 pint of strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 pint of blueberries (raspberries, blackberries are also great)
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, chopped finely + additional leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Whipped Ricotta:
- 1 16 ounce container of whole milk ricotta cheese, drained
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey, I love orange blossom
- Himalayan Sea Salt to sprinkle at the end
- Combine the berries, basil and honey in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix the ricotta, vanilla extract, confectioners sugar, and honey in a blender.
- Whip until smooth.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- To serve, divide the ricotta whip into bowls or wine glasses.
- Top with the berry mixture.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and drizzle with additional honey.
- Garnish with basil leaves.
When creating these Berry and Honey Whipped Ricotta Whip, you can use any berries. When you live in Florida, there is a small window in the Spring that you can enjoy local strawberries and blueberries. I love the Spring and couldn’t resist using both of these delicious fruits.
This week #SundaySupper is all about recipes to welcome the spring! Spring is in the air and the Sunday Supper tastemakers are bringing out their best recipes inspired by spring ingredients. Join the fun at 7 p.m. ET Sunday via our live weekly Twitter chat! Until then, check out the Spring Recipes our #SundaySupper tastemakers are bringing to the family table.
- Chicken Sausage, Apple and Cheddar Breakfast Bake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Chive and Cheese Quiche by An Appealing Plan
- Lavender Scones by Feeding Big and More
- Lemon Raspberry Baked Donuts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Matcha Donuts by The Ninja Baker
- Whole Wheat Lemon Berry Coffee Cake with Lemon Glaze by A Mindful Mom
- Artichoke and Tomato Panzanella Salad by Casa de Crews
- Artichoke Lemon Hummus by Food Done Light
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart by Baking Sense
- Butter Lettuce and Spring Radish Salad by Hardly A Goddess
- Ceviche with Potato and Pea Shoot Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Strawberry Popsicles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Wrapped Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- An Unconventional Mojito by Monica’s Table
- Caribbean Cream Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lavender Lemon Cocktail by The Crumby Cupcake
- Limoncello Raspberry Sangria by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Spiced Rhubarb Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D Books and Cooks
- Vanilla Lavender Limeade by The Tip Toe Fairy
- Very Berry Springtime Spritzer by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Violet Hour by Wholistic Woman
- Cheese Ravioli with Morel Cream Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Cheese Tortellini with Herbed Ricotta and Fava Beans by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chopped Shrimp Salad with Lemon-Shallot Dressing by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gnocchi Primavera with Spring Asparagus and Peas by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Dijon Balsamic Herb Glaze by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Lebanese Fattoush Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Pan Spicy Lemon Chicken with Tomatoes by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orecchiette with Peas, Pecorino and Onions by Cooking Chat
- Pasta with Peas by Manu’s Menu
- Pesto Shrimp and Zoodles Oh My! by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Ramp and Mushroom Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Sesame Ginger Seared Ahi Coconut Tacos by Simply Healthy Family
- Spring Lamb Skewers with Roasted Baby Carrots by Food Lust People Love
- Spring Salad with Scallops and Strawberry Vinaigrette by My World Simplified
- Veggie Pasta Primavera by Momma’s Meals
- Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Rhubarb Salad by The Texan New Yorker
- Green Peas with Onion and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- Minty Pea Farro Spring Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Amazing Coconut Cake by A Baking Legacy
- Caramelized Black Figs and Walnuts with Mascarpone by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Carrot Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Colorado Crème by Cooking on the Ranch
- Honey Blossoms by Get the Good Stuff!
- Hot Milk Sponge Cake by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake by Angels Sweet Homestead
- Lemon Scented Choux with Rhubarb Ginger Pastry Cream by The Finer Cookie
- Meyer Lemon Bars by The Chef Next Door
- No-Bake Berry Greek Yogurt Pie by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Rhubarb Meringue Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spring Cookie Bouquet by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake by Sweet Mornings
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream by Tramplingrose
- Strawberry Moscato Sorbet by Seduction in the Kitchen
- The Black Beast by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Spring Vegetable Minestrone and more Spring Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement