I recently found myself sorting through old photographs and discovered a long lost black and white picture of me in the kitchen with my grandmother. I was up on a stool in her humble kitchen with uneven slate floors and I had a smile on my face and a look of anticipation for what was to come from the steaming pot that my grandmother was holding open.
If there is a snapshot that captures my spirit, this may be the one. I love moments in the kitchen with my family and when I look back at this photograph, it makes me realize that even as a child, I thrived at moments in the kitchen. The funny thing is that I am sure that I can remember what my grandmother was making at the moment that picture was taken. Could it be that I could possibly remember a meal from forty years ago? I tell you, I can almost taste that meal.
It is so true, the best recipes always have a story. Some are memorable, some are a feeling of love and some are the more mundane moments of life that although don’t seem special at the time, need to be remembered forever.
The Sunday Supper Family is honored to have Gallo Family Vineyards join us and share some of our favorite recipes that have a story behind them, this week for Sunday Supper.
We have enjoyed creating recipes with stories around Gallo Sweet Wine Blend and the Gallo Merlot. I enjoyed the Gallo Sweet Wine Blend, this sweet, light-bodied wine is best served chilled and pairs well with fresh fruit, light salads and most brunch fare. While Ron completely enjoyed the Gallo Merlot, the full-bodied Merlot is all about taste. It’s tough not to enjoy the blended flavors of black cherry, ripe plum and hints of oak that create a velvety richness.
We would love to have you join us around the family table for Sunday Supper this week as we share some of our favorite stories featuring our special food memories and paired with Gallo Family Wines. These recipes may create a story or perhaps start a tradition in your home.
- Crepes with Sweet Wine Poached Berries by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Overnight Blueberry Baked French Toast by Alida’s Kitchen
- Sangria Stuffed French Toast by Melanie Makes
Mains and Sides:
- Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken Spinach and White Wine Sauce by Family Foodie
- Baby, That’s a Good Merlot Onion Burger by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Beef Braciole with Parmesan and Prosciutto by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Beef Daube by The Foodie Army Wife
- Chicken and Couscous Stuffed Peppers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Sausage and Mushroom Skillet over Goat Cheese Grits by Neighborfood
- Giambotta an Italian Veggie Stew by Country Girl In The Village
- Grilled Pepperoni Pizza by Ruffles & Truffles
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken Thighs by Hip Foodie Mom
- Short Rib Ragu with Rigatoni by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff by Foxes Love Lemons
- Spaghetti All’Ubriaco by kimchi MOM
- Tarragon Chicken by girlichef
- World’s Best Turkey Meatballs by Shockingly Delicious
Beverages and Desserts:
- Tropical Breezes Sangria by The Weekend Gourmet
- Lemon on a Cloud by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Merlot Cherry Cupcakes with Sweet White Frosting by Magnolia Days
If you would love to try some of our Sunday Supper Recipes and want to find a retailer carrying Gallo Family Wines near you, click here. You can also visit Gallo’s website or connect with via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.