I spent this weekend with my daughter moving her into her Sorority House at University of Florida. This brought back so many memories for me. I could remember the excitement of moving into my sorority house. There is something so rewarding about watching your child during her young adult life. It is wonderful to step back as a mom and watch her grow into the adult she is destined to become. Our conversations are different these days. We speak more as friends as opposed to mother and daughter. It was a fabulous weekend filled with wonderful conversation and memories. So what does this have to do with Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast?
Well, last year when I moved my daughter into University of Florida, I stayed at a hotel close to campus. It was very average and over priced because they are the only game in town. This year, I decided to do a little research on the area and found the most adorable bed and breakfast just down the road. The Sweetwater Branch Inn Bed and Breakfast has got to be the best kept secret of Gainesville. I not only loved the wine and cheese in the afternoon but the breakfast…oh my… was to die for! Let’s just say that this Bed and Breakfast has such a homey and welcoming feeling, I could have stayed for a lot longer than one night. And don’t let me forget to tell you about the Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast… I can’t stop thinking about it and loved that this recipe was made with one of my favorite breads, french bread.
Sweetwater Branch Inn signature recipe | Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast:
- 2 sticks of Butter
- 2 cups of Brown Sugar plus 4 tablespoons
- 2 loaves of French Bread
- 6 Eggs
- 2 cups of Milk
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1 carton of Blueberries
- 1 8 oz package of Cream Cheese cut into ½ inch cubes
- In a saucepan combine Butter and 2 cups of Brown Sugar and cook until melted
- Pour into greased 9 X 12 dish
- Layer French Bread, cut or ripped into bite size pieces
- Mix Eggs, Milk and Vanilla
- Pour mixture over French Bread
- Make sure all French Bread has absorbed liquid
- Top with sprinkled Cinnamon
- Add in Blueberries and Cream Cheese
- Mix until evenly spread
- Cover with saran wrap and soak overnight if desired
- Sprinkle with 4 tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- Place in preheated oven at 450 degrees for 30 minutes until top browns and bubbles
I loved my stay at Sweetwater Branch Inn from the minute I checked in to the minute I tasted this delicious Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast! I have to admit, it was a great lesson in supporting small local businesses.
I will be back Sweetwater Branch Inn and hope you have your Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast waiting for me in the morning! I left there thinking I had just tasted a slice of Paradise! As I was checking out… I noticed this beautiful Pond. It truly doesn’t get any better!