This week for Sunday Supper, we are on the hunt! I have to admit, when Stacy of Food Lust People Love and Tara of Noshing With the Nolands, brought up this week’s Sunday Supper theme, a great big smile came across my face. Dishes that include wild game like venison, boar, and rabbit or vegetarian options like mushrooms, truffles, or wild berries bring me back to my childhood in Portugal. I thought about making rabbit stew, one of my favorite Portuguese delicacies. But then I remembered the great big blackberry bushes that lined the walkway to the front door. I would pick a berry or two or perhaps even three, every time I walked by. It’s funny how food can take you back in time and you can almost immediately smell the deliciousness again.
The combination of berries and brie in these small bites — so simple and perfect for entertaining. I love having these Brie Cheese Blackberry Bites all set up and popping them in the oven right before guests arrive. I also love adding a few additional berries on top for the last couple of minutes of baking. I just think they look pretty when they aren’t cooked all the way through and I enjoy the contrast from cooked berry to a firm berry, all in the same bite. You can add blueberries and raspberries too. Many times, I will freeze the berries when they are in season and I can get them at a great price and then bring them back out for this delicious recipe.
The combination of sweet and salty in this dish, will have your friends talking about these Brie Cheese Blackberry Bites until the next time they come over! I may have gotten a little overly excited and snuck in some raspberries into this batch.
Take a look at what will be on this week’s Sunday Supper menu!
Spread it on Thick
- Homemade Mascarpone from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sugar Plum Fairy Jam from What Smells So Good?
- Porcini Compound Butter from Nosh My Way
Nibbles and Sides
- Baked Rice with Mushrooms from Basic N Delicious
- Brie Blackberry Bites from Family Foodie
- Foie Gras Bites from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Miso Risotto from Crazy Foodie Stunts
The Main Event
- Bourbon Butter Venison Bites from The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Fennel Frond Pappardelle with Rabbit, Muscat, and Cream from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Korean-style Tripe from kimchi MOM
- Lapin au Cidre – Cider Braised Rabbit from Food Lust People Love
- Maple Bison Blueberry Burgers from Noshing With The Nolands
- Rabbit Braised with Kalamata Olives and Prunes from The Texan New Yorker
- Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet from Nik Snacks
- Wild Venison Sausage Gravy from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Turkey, Wild Rice and Mushroom Casserole from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Wild Boar Pacific Rim Sliders from Peaceful Cooking
- Blueberry Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce from From the Bookshelf
- German Fruit and Nut Bars from Magnolia Days
- Grilled Bananas/Toast Topped with Chocolate and Cheese from Brunch with Joy
- Lemon Blueberry Scones from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Raspberry Muffins from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow from Pies and Plots
- Ultimate Chewy Brownies from The Perfect Brownie
- Vanilla Poached Tamarillos from Manu’s Menu
- Wild Blackberry Scones with Lemon Glaze from The Foodie Army Wife
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Topped Waffles from NinjaBaker.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.