This Brie Tomato and Quinoa Recipe is a perfect dish for a football Sunday. The brie melts and makes the most delicious cheesy sauce that is a crowd pleaser with little fuss.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 8 ounce wheel of brie
- 1 large tomato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup basil, sliced thin
- 2 green onion, sliced thin
- fresh ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa to remove residue.
- Combine 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups broth in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, remove the rind from the brie and cut into ½ inch cubes.
- Cut the tomato into small cubes and remove seeds.
- Add the brie, tomato, basil to a large bowl.
- Turn off the heat to the pot of quinoa and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour the quinoa over the brie and tomato mixture.
- Add the olive oil and mix all the ingredients until the brie is melted.
- It will make a delicious cheesy sauce.
- Sprinkle with green onions and additional basil if desired.
- Enjoy immediately while hot or let it cool and serve warm
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Football season is here and at our house, this calls for a celebration. This football family is in its element when this time of year comes around. Great memories are made football season after football season.
The Sunday Supper Family is thrilled to partner with Gallo Family Vineyards to pair a variety of mini-bottles of wine with football-friendly foods to be served at home. It’s time to bring our favorite munchies into the family room and enjoy Sunday Supper football season style.
All our Sunday Supper “rules” are out the door during football season and we head to the family room to enjoy cheering on our favorite teams. There’s lots of yelling at the television, great food and the adults enjoy great wine pairings. Gallo Family Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay are always a likely choice. It’s always fun serving the mini-bottles for entertaining friends because everyone can choose the wine they like.
Preparing recipes that are easy and can be served piping hot or slightly warm is key to entertaining during football games. This delicious Brie Tomato and Quinoa Recipe is perfect for a crowd and so easy to whip up. I slice the brie, tomato, basil and green onions prior to friends arriving. I then cook the quinoa close to halftime and combine all the delicious ingredients and serve right at halftime.
The brie when combined with the hot quinoa, melts and makes the most delicious cheesy sauce that is a crowd pleaser with little fuss. Sometimes I serve a bowl of quinoa and another made with angel hair pasta. It is a winning combination when paired with Gallo Family Chardonnay.
Join us Sunday at 7pm EST on Twitter for a tailgate celebration with wine in mind. Here is a preview of the recipes to come:
- Buffalo Chicken Dip by Whole Food | Real Families
- Chicken Thigh Kabobs with Spiced Yogurt Dip by MealDiva
- Chorizo Queso Dip by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms by Casa de Crews
- Hatch Chile Deviled Eggs by Shockingly Delicious
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Skillet Jalapeno Popper Dip by Life Tastes Good
Game Time Mains
- Al Capone Dog by Palatable Pastime
- Bacon Bleu Cheese Sliders by The Crumby Cupcake
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Quail by Flavor Mosaic
- Brat Burger by Curious Cuisiniere
- Brie Tomato and Quinoa by Family Foodie
- Crispy Chicken Wings by Feeding Big
- Crispy Maple Hot Wings by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Melty Turkey Cheese Sliders by Feed Me, Seymour
- Sticky Sweet and Sour Baby Back Ribs by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
The Victory Celebration
- Apple Crisp in a Jar by Desserts Required
- Caramel Apple Dip by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Double Crusted Apple Pie Galette by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grandma’s Brownies by Alida’s Kitchen
Need more tips on tailgate planning? Check out Gallo Family Vineyards’ blog.
More on Gallo Family Vineyards: Follow them on social media to keep up the latest on their happenings and wines: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. The Gallo Family Vineyards website has lots of information on their wines plus wine & food pairings and a handy store locator.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards