I don’t know about you, but at our home, we have week’s that it is go, go go. As much as we try not to overlap sports, it never fails — at some point in the year, we have two sports simultaneously. And of course that means running from one field to the other. Since I am not a fan of stopping at a drive-thru, these little Broccoli Ricotta Cheese Puffs are the perfect solution.
Don’t tell anyone, but I think the secret here is actually mashing up the broccoli so fine that it blends into the deliciousness of the cheeses. Everyone, even the picky ones, love the flavor in these little bites. The best part about it, these Broccoli Ricotta Cheese Puffs are good right out of the oven or slightly warm. I tend to make a double batch and pop them in the microwave to warm them upp.
Trust me, when you are running from field to field, these are perfect little bites in the car. They don’t even make a mess. If by chance we are home for long enough, they are amazing along side of a great big garden salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 350°
- Add Olive oil, garlic and broccoli to saute pan and cook for 4 minutes. At the same time mashing the broccoli with a wooden spoon. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and stir in ricotta and parmesan.
- Stir in broccoli mixture and salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into greased mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the puffs are golden on top.
- Serve warm with garden salad
This week’s Weekday Supper Recipes are fabulous. Quick, Easy and Delicious!
- Monday – Momma’s Meals – Honey Garlic Chicken
- Tuesday – Shockingly Delicious – Shortcut Lentil Pasta Sauce
- Wednesday – Family Foodie – Broccoli and Ricotta Puffs
- Thursday – That Skinny Chick Can Bake – Pork Tenderloin with Maple Balsamic Glaze
- Friday – Alida’s Kitchen – Lentil Tacos