To me weeknight dinners are casual fun and something that the entire family can enjoy together.
One thing that I have always found is that my kids love to ‘build” their meals. This recipe for Brown Sugar Glazed Cod Tacos is the perfect #weekdaysupper meal that the entire family can enjoy creating. The Brown Sugar Glaze was the perfect way to introduce my kids to a fish that they would normally not be excited about but realized that they now love!
This #WeekdaySupper recipe is super easy, quick, nutritious and delicious. It’s a great way to sneak veggies into a weeknight meal. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Remember, get creative and have fun with your toppings!
- 1 pound of cod fillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- Suggestions for toppings:
- grape tomatoes
- feta cheese
- fresh spinach
- onions, chopped
- Have fun with it!
- 6 to 8 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place cod in baking dish and brush with olive oil on both sides
- Combine the brown sugar, garlic and teriyaki sauce
- Brush over the cod, until the cod has a nice coating of the sugar mixture
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, until cod is cooked through and the sugar is bubbly
- Meanwhile, slice the toppings that you would like to serve
- Chop the cod and mix with the juices in the baking pan
- Set up a station and let everyone fill the tortillas with their favorite toppings.
Check out this week’s Weekday Supper line-up for great ideas all week!
04/07/14 – Monday – Grilled Turkey Rachel by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
04/08/14 – Tuesday – Ham & Cheese Biscuit Empanadas by La Cocina de Leslie
04/09/14 – Wednesday – Scrambled Egg Fajitas by Curious Cuisiniere
04/10/14 – Thursday- Corned Beef and Cabbage Enchiladas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
04/11/14 – Friday – Brown Sugar Glazed Cod Tacos by Family Foodie
Visit our #WeekdaySupper Pinterest board for wonderful weekday menu suggestions all month long!