By now you all know how much we love Super Bowl Sunday around here. Year after year, we have our Favorite Super Bowl Party Food that we look forward to enjoying while watching the game. My boys love Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip. So this year, I am surprising them with a new Potato Skin Recipe. Imagine two of your favorite appetizers rolled into one and you have Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins.
Would they like it? I originally said I would let you know — I can tell you they went crazy over the combination. They had friends over and they all agreed that these were the best potato skins they have ever tried. I quickly realized that I should have tripled the recipe. They were gone in less than 5 minutes.
*Added bonus: They are really fun to decorate and come up with patterns. Reis did a great job making them look like footballs.
- Cooking Spray
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken, rotisserie chicks works great
- ¼ cup of hot sauce, if you are a wimp like me - take it up to ¾ if you like it hot
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- ¼ green onions, chopped
- 1½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour Cream to top if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and coat with cooking spray.
- Poke the potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on High until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool until easily handled.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half. Scoop out the insides.
- Arrange the halves skin sides down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the potatoes with the tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper, then bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crisped and browned.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium heat, add chicken and hot sauce until heated through.
- Stir in cream cheese, ranch dressing and green onions. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
- Mix in half of the shredded cheese.
- Once the potato skins have baked, remove from the oven and carefully spoon in the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, and place back in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with Sour Cream on the side.
The best part of this week’s Sunday Supper event is that calories just don’t count during a Super Bowl Party. Here is your chance to check out all these fabulous Game Day Recipes without worrying about it! You know it is going to be a good time when Heather from Hezzi-d’s Books and Cooks is the host!
Grab a beer, glass of wine or cocktail and come join the #SundaySupper fun on twitter at 7pm ET.
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Honey Sesame Seed Crackers from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.