The perfect solution for all your leftover halloween candy – candy toffee.
Halloween time is so much fun and no matter how old the kids get, they are still excited to share in the excitement. As our children have gotten older, we have started some traditions but there is one that will not change. Every year, we enjoy a friendly “What to make with the leftover candy” competition.
Drumroll please… this year’s winner is…. Candy Toffee. This is so much fun to make and you literally can add any candy on top. It’s a great way to get the family around the family table and get those creative juices going. The possibilities are endless.
- 2 Sticks Butter
- 1 ¼ Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Chocolate Bars
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 Cup Random Candy Chopped
- Combine butter and sugar in a large pot (it will bubble so you want lots of extra room for safety)
- Cook the butter and sugar while stirring until it reaches 290F
- Spread onto a grease pan, let cool completely
- Melt chocolate bars and peanut butter cups
- Spread chocolate on toffee, place in fridge until firm
- Flip toffee over, spread with remaining chocolate
- Sprinkle chopped candy on top
- Store in fridge, break into pieces and enjoy!
Be sure to join us on Sunday, October 30th, at 7pm EST on Twitter for tips on what to do with the leftovers after Halloween. We’ll be talking all things candy, and maybe there will be some embarrassing pictures of our Tastemakers’ childhood Halloween costumes!
Leftover Halloween Candy Recipes
- Candy Bar Blondies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten Free Seven Layer Candy Bar by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Halloween Hangover Blondies by Cricket’s Confetions
- Leftover Candy Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Bars by Books n’ Cooks
- Salted Candy Bar Rice Krispies by From Gate to Plate
- Gooey Candy Bar Brownie Cups by Desserts Required
- Leftover Candy Stuffed Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Pumpkin Chocolate Cake by NinjaBaker
- Candy Bar Truffles by The Crumby Cupcake
- Candy Coated Toffee by Family Foodie
- Candy Filled Lollipops by The Freshman Cook
- Nutty Candy Bar Fudge by And She Cooks
- Butterfinger Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
- Candy Bar Oatmeal Cookies by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Full of Secrets Chocolate Chip Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Candy Popcorn Balls by Palatable Pastime
- Inside Out Caramel Apple Muffins by Caroline’s Cooking
- Under the Sea Snack Mix by Pies and Plots
- Lemon Drip Chicken Chow Mein by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Potato Chip Crusted Chicken Fingers by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Snickapplebutterway Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtagand remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.