Can you believe that it has been two years since our very first #SundaySupper? When I think back to that First Progressive Dinner with eight blogger friends, I get chills thinking about where we started and how far we have come in two short years. We had so much fun during our first #SundaySupper Progressive Dinner that we knew immediately that this was a tradition we wanted to continue. The response we received from our readers was one that reassured us that they too believed that the Sunday Supper Movement was welcome in their homes. Thank you Renee, Valerie, Eileen, Jeff, Sunithi, Donna and Erin for your support, encouragement and most of all for believing in me.
I have always known that eating Supper Around the Family Table is the best nourishment we can give our families. It is about so much more than just the food that is served. It is something that the entire family looks forward to. It is about commitment to each other, positive communication and time together. In my heart I know that this is the most important thing I have done for my family.
What I did not realize until recently is how powerful food can be. I have met, connected and shared recipes with an amazing group of people who were brought together by our love for food, family, friendship and mutual respect for each other.
Bringing Back Sunday Supper around the family table in every home. It starts off as one day a week and soon becomes a way of life.
Our Sunday Supper Family has grown in leaps in bounds these last two years. We continue to add leaves in our table and Sunday Supper continues to be a place where we meet every week, share our recipes, enjoy each others company and support each other. Our virtual family of contributors is made up of very special individuals that not only touch the lives of our readers but also each others lives. Because of their dedication, we are now reaching over 2 million weekly followers who understand that it is about so much more than the food.
Meeting many of you at this year’s Food and Wine Conference and throughout my travels this past year was the highlight of 2013. After virtually breaking bread week after week, it felt like I was meeting old friends. Our conversations flowed and of course revolved around the great food we were enjoying and Sunday Supper memories.
On this special Second Anniversary, I am excited to share with you some exciting news. #SundaySupper now has a home to call its own. You will now find more features, recipes, trends and articles about our contributors, and more at our new Sunday Supper Movement website. Heather Schmitt-Gonzalez is our Community Editor in Chief, Renee Dobbs is our Director of Events and Brand Relations and Nicole Cook is our Techie in Chief. Many of our Sunday Supper Contributors will be writing articles and featuring their recipes on this site. I couldn’t imagine working with a group of more talented individuals! They are as excited as I am about these changes and wait till you see what we have planned for you!
It is with great pleasure that I announce a very special partnership with a brand that we just adore. This brands mission and vision is very much in line with the mission of the Sunday Supper Movement — like us, they believe that time around the family table empowers families and encourages dreams. They understand that family is more than simply a group of relatives. It’s anyone you share a common bond with. And today, you don’t just have one family. You have many. Whether it’s your blood family, your work family or the Sunday Supper Family, traditions and celebrations are a big part of all our families.
I met Gallo Family on twitter and we quickly realized we had so much in common. Chatting on twitter led to Gallo Family sponsoring our first Food and Wine Conference in July and a trip out to Modesto, California to meet their work family. After spending time around their family table, touring their beautiful wineries and meeting with their work family, I am proud to announce that Gallo Family Vineyards is the Official Wine Sponsor of the Sunday Supper Movement. Gallo Family Vineyards is as excited as we are, here is their announcement on their blog.
I couldn’t wait to share with you one of my favorite Portuguese Recipes. It was made extra special by using Gallo Family Chardonnay in this dish! Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams is perfect for a celebration. You can whip up a big batch, make some easy Portuguese Rice, add a big crusty loaf of bread, add some wine an you’ve got a party!
Thank you all for being part of this celebration and for supporting the Sunday Supper Movement week after week– helping us bring back Sunday Supper around the family table in every home. It’s starts off as one day a week but soon becomes a way of life! You meal the world to us!
Check out all the delicious recipes that everyone is bringing to the party! Thank you Liz, from That Skinny Chick Can Bake for hosting this special celebration and for being such a big part of our Sunday Supper Family. Your recipes are out of this world and when I grow up, I want to be able to bake just like you!
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.