I love to travel and explore different areas of the United States. Our family has been known to plan vacations around food. Yes, it’s true, we are a true Foodie Family! It is so interesting to me to learn about the different food cultures from different areas. On a recent trip to Madison Wisconsin, I fell in love with their food. Let me tell you, this town is ALL about the food — and since I happened to be in town during homecoming weekend at University of Wisconsin, I learned very quickly that they are also a true football town. Our family would fit right in here!
What I love most about having the opportunity to travel is the people and how they inspire me. When you visit Madison, you can’t help but be inspired. I fell in love with the Dane County Farmer’s Market on the Square. The Farmers’ Market on the Square has about 150 vendors who attend every Saturday. All of the agriculturally-related items that are produced in Wisconsin by the sellers. I love that no re-sale items are allowed. All too often, we go to Farmer’s Markets and we find the same packaged items that can be found at our local grocer — many aren’t even produced in the US. The fruits and vegetables found at this farmers market were just gorgeous. I couldn’t help but fall in love with the fabulous flowers and did I mention the Cheese? Oh the cheese — you just can’t imagine — cheese bread, cheese curds, oh the cheese!
One of the corners on the Square is home to DreamBank by American Family Insurance. Love this place! American Family Insurance understands the power of dreams and created DreamBank to celebrate their transformative power. At DreamBank you find interactive tools, events and experts on staff to help you discover your dreams, engage with your community and get the encouragement and resources you need to pursue and protect them. It was such an honor to be invited by the folks at DreamBank to come and give a live cooking demo and speak about my dreams and vision for the Sunday Supper Movement. I am not sure who was more inspired me, or the audience.
It is an honor to be hosting this week’s #SundaySupper around the family table with American Family Insurance and this group of talented contributors. We have had so much fun working with American Family Insurance on their Back to the Family Dinner Table Campaign and couldn’t wait to share our favorite Cheesy Recipes that are perfect for Sunday Supper? This week’s recipes are just amazing. We also have a Back to the Dinner Table Pinterest Board. Check out the recipes by clicking here or following American Family Insurance on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. They will continue to share more family favorite recipes and the stories behind them.
Cheesy Recipes Perfect for Sunday Supper:
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Soup by Chocolate Moosey
- Fettucine Pumpkin Cauli-fredo by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheeseburger Chowder by Magnolia Days
- Three Cheese Lasagna with Meat Sauce by Webicurean
- Japanese Grilled Cheese & Kale Salad by NinjaBaking.com
- Cheesy Ham and Potato Bake by Country Girl in the Village
- Spinach Feta Greek Impossible Pie by Shockingly Delicious
- Cheesy Vegetarian Enchilada Soup by Curious Cuisiniere
- Steakhouse Bacon Alfredo Pasta by Juanita’s Cocina
- 3 Cheese Pumpkin Mac and Cheese by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Cheddar Popcorn Soup by MarocMama
- Broccoli, Mushroom & Cheese Strata by Momma’s Meals
- Chili Relleno Casserole by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- French Onion and Apple Soup by Supper for a Steal
- Cheesy Italian Sausage & Kale Quiche by girlichef
- Lighter Stove-top Mac and Cheese by Alida’s Kitchen
- Cheddar Potato Dumpling Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Prosciutto, Chevre & Radish Toasted Sandwich by Foxes Love Lemons
- Cheesesteak Poutine by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Roasted Tomatoes and Broccoli Rabe Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
And don’t forget, our eCookbook featuring many of our favorite recipes will be coming out just in time for the Holidays.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by American Family Insurance. All opinions are my own.