Chicken and Chorizo is a Portuguese Recipe that I adore. I love it because it is so simple that it is perfect for a busy Weekday Supper. I can whip up this easy Portuguese Recipe in no time but the flavor of the chorizo sauce when simmered is absolutely amazing.
This is a Portuguese Recipe that will fool your guests if you choose to serve this dish when entertaining. They too will be hooked on the flavor the chorizo, garlic and wine creates. Make sure you have lots of crusty bread to sop up the amazing chorizo. Honestly, it could be a meal all on it’s own!
- 2 pounds of Chicken Breast sliced in strips
- 2 Chorizo links sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2 Cups of Red Wine or Beef Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Line bottom of frying pan with Olive Oil
- Add the Chicken and Chorizo and brown until you see the chorizo is crispy
- Add Garlic, Paprika, Bay Leaves and Salt and Pepper and saute for 2 minutes
- Turn heat on low and add Red Wine and simmer for 20 minutes
- Discard Bay Leaves
- Serve over Simple Portuguese Rice with a simple salad and lots crusty bread. You won't want to miss any of the chorizo sauce.
Kid Ratings: Alexandra 9, Ronnie 10, Reis 10, Riley 10 It’s a hit in our home!