Father’s Day is truly a special day around here. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful men in my children’s lives and we love to make them feel special on their day. Vo is the best grandfather anyone could ask for and Ron is an amazing Dad . My children are truly at the core of both of these men’s hearts and lives. I can’t help but wish that my boys grow up to be just like them.
You know us, it’s all about the memories that are made around the family table, and what better way to celebrate a special day than with a great meal and great wine! This recipe for Chicken in a Caramelized Onion Wine Sauce is one that has been around our family for years. I think every guy in this house will tell that it is “his” favorite chicken dish. It is so simple but the wine sauce makes this chicken recipe one that you would find on a restaurant menu.
We have made this chicken for Christenings, Graduations and many other special moments in our lives (it is so easy to double or triple the recipe) and we know that it wouldn’t be Father’s Day without our favorite chicken dish! Both chicken broth and white wine or beef broth and red wine will work in this recipe. One would naturally assume that chicken should be made in a white wine sauce but, the verdict is that we actually prefer it when it is prepared in the red wine sauce.
We paired this chicken dish with the GALLO PINOT NOIR and it was a match made in heaven. The smooth and light finish of the Pinot Noir with aromas of cherry and sweet fruit flavors was the perfect complement for the hearty Chicken in a Caramelized Onion Wine Sauce. The only thing that could make this Father’s Day Menu even better — Vo-Vo’s Famous Cheesecake. After all, it wouldn’t be a celebration without Vo-Vo’s Cheesecake. This cheesecake paired perfectly with the smooth and light GALLO CAFÉ ZINFANDEL.
Would you like to try this wines this Father’s Day? We are offering a $1 off coupon. I bet the men in your life will be happy that you did – these two wines quickly became favorites at our house.
For more information on Gallo Family Vineyards wines and ideas for pairing them with your Father’s Day menu, visit their website (where you can also find a store locator, which will help also help in planning that menu). Get connected with Gallo Family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube for more ideas and updates.
Let’s make Father’s Day a big deal this year by cooking some of our favorite dishes and pairing them with great wine!
Father’s Day Salads and Main Dishes:
- Avocado and Quinoa Salad by Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Lentil Chilaquiles Casserole by Shockingly Delicious
- Barbecue Chicken with Pinot Noir Blueberry Sauce by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken in a Caramelized Onion Wine Sauce by Family Foodie
- Filet Mignon with Mushrooms and Pinot Noir Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- French Onion Soup au Gratin Stuffed Meatballs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Southwestern Zinfandel Glaze by Cooking On The Ranch
- Jambalaya Kabobs by Foxes Love Lemons
- Man Burgers Stuffed with Pinot Noir Caramelized Onions by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Marinated Flank Steak by The Foodie Army Wife
- Mushroom Topped Pinot Noir Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pinot Noir Glazed Salmon by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pinot Noir Mushroom Reduction Sauce with Grilled T-Bone Steak by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Red Wine Meatball Subs by Momma’s Meals
Father’s Day Sweets and Treats:
- Angel Food Cake Smores Skewers by Melanie Makes
- Cafe Zinfandel Cake & Pinot Noir Quinoa by NinjaBaking.com
- Cherry Pinot Noir Pie by girlichef
- Chocolate Decadence with Cafe Zinfandel Whipped Cream and Raspberry Sauce by Desserts Required
- Hot Fudge Pudding Cake by Magnolia Days
- Pinot Noir Dark Chocolate Truffles by Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.