I don’t know about you, but at our house, we love love love fajitas! My boys love them made with chicken, beef, pork and even shrimp or fish. And you all know how much we love rice over here. I make double batches of Portuguese Rice on a weekly basis because it is perfect for quick and easy meals during sports season. Chicken Fajita Bowls have been a new obsessions that combines three of our favorite things – fajitas + rice + delicious sauce.
Let’s be honest, when is it not sports season at our house? Hmmmm. Let me think. I can’t remember it not being sports season. For us sports are a year round thing, and having nutritious and quick meals that the entire family will love it key.
I am loving the McCormick Skillet Sauces because it has made our Weekday Supper Recipes during sports season super easy and delicious. I love the versatility of these Chicken Fajita Bowls – everyone can add their favorite toppings and the veggies are as delicious as the chicken.
- 2 peppers
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 package of McCormick Fajita with Roasted Chile, Garlic & Lime Skillet Sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Garnish (optional)
- Sour Cream
- Cut the peppers into thin strips and slice the onions in thin slices
- Cut the chicken into small cubes
- Add the canola oil and chicken to a large skillet
- Sauté on high until the chicken is no longer pink and has a nice golden coating. Approximately 8 to 10 minutes
- Remove the chicken and keep warm
- Add the peppers, onions and corn and sauté for approximately 5 minutes or until crisp tender
- Add one package of McCormick Fajita with Roasted Chile, Garlic & Lime Skillet Sauce
- Add the chicken and rice and simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!
The name McCormick has always been synonymous with quality and tradition and the McCormick Skillet Sauces are a great addition to any pantry. Full flavors, the short ingredient list, and convenience make it perfect to create a quick meal! Here is another one of my favorite recipes using McCormick’s Easy Skillet Sauce – Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushroom and Ham Skillet. This recipe has quickly become a staple in our home.
Follow McCormick’s Easy Skillet Dinners Pinterest board for more easy mealtime inspiration.
Check out the rest of this week’s Weekday Supper menu:
Monday – Slow Cooker Sicilian Chicken by The Dinner-Mom
Tuesday – Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry by The Messy Baker
Wednesday – Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
Thursday – Chicken Fajita Bowls by Family Foodie
Friday – Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.