Is there a better way to show your love and care than with comfort food? We have two sickies in our home. It seems that every year right around the holidays, someone in our house comes down with something and we pass it from one person to another. Since we are going on week two, I decided I needed to come up with a different soup the traditional Chicken Noodle Soup. We love orzo almost as much as rice and noodles, and I decided that Chicken Orzo Soup was in order.
This little creation lead to a quick family favorite and just in time for this week’s #SundaySupper event. Tammi from Momma’s Meals is our fabulous host and we are having fun with recipes based on our favorite Christmas Song or Movie. So unlike most of our contributors who start off with the theme and then develop the recipe, I decided that I needed the recipe to fit into the theme. I just couldn’t wait to share this Chicken Orzo Soup recipe with all of you.
Not wanting to be a rule breaker, I needed to find the right song or movie to stay within the theme. I turned to our contributors for help and inspiration. Could I make Chicken Orzo Soup fit in with this weeks theme? When I tell you that we have so much fun behind the scenes as we plan our events, you have no idea! This will give you a quick glimpse into our behind the scenes as we prepare for event.
Me: Ok, is it a stretch if I make Chicken Orzo soup for this week’s #sundaysupper event based on the 12 Days of Christmas
This week’s Sunday Supper Recipes are so fun and delicious. All our contributors had a blast with this theme!
Party Appetizers & Snacks:
- Oven-Roasted Applesauce Scented with Rosemary & Vanilla inspired by the song “Christmas in the Trenches” – Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Chestnuts inspired by the movie “The Christmas Song” – Food Lust People Love
- A Popcorn Trio inspired by the song “Let it Snow” – Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Chai Tea Abominable Snow Buddies inspired by the movie “Rudolph” – Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Raisin Bran Muffins for a Crowd inspired by the movie “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” – In The Kitchen With Audrey and Maurene
- Icicle Candy and Reindeer Snacks inspired by the movie ”Snow” – Treats & Trinkets
- A Christmas Carol Plum Pudding inspired by the movie “A Christmas Carol” – No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Yukon Mashed Potato Cakes inspired by the movie “Rudolph” – Cookin’ Mimi
- Christmas Pudding inspired by the song “Over the River and Through the Woods” – A Kitchen Hoor
- Pumpkin Pudding inspired by the movie “Nightmare Before Christmas” – Basic N Delicious
- Elf-Inspired Christmas “Grams” inspired by the movie “Elf” – MarocMama
- Sugarplums inspired by the movie “The Nutcracker” – Happy Baking Days
- Chai Spiced Roasted Nuts inspired by the song “Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire” – Take A Bite Out of Boca
Festive Main Dishes
- Maple Syrup Spaghetti inspired by the movie “Elf” – Momma’s Meals
- Who Hash inspired by the movie “How The Grinch Stole Christmas” – girlichef
- Ginger Orange Glazed Cornish Hens inspired by the song “The 12 Days of Christmas” – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- NY Hot Dog with Sabrett-style Onion Sauce inspired by the movie “Die Hard” – Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Classic Caesar Salad inspired by the movie “The Santa Clause” – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Individuals Meatloaves & Horseradish Mashed Potatoes for Mommy’s Little Piggies inspired by the movie “A Christmas Story” – The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Christmas Waffles inspired by the TV special “A Claymation Christmas Celebration” – Curious Cuisiniere
- Filthy Animal Pizza inspired by the movie “Home Alone” – Foxes Love Lemons
- Chicken Orzo Soup inspired by the song “12 Days of Christmas” – Family Foodie
- Brandied Candied Sweet Potatoes inspired by the song “Christmas Is The Time To Say ‘I Love You’” – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Sweet Holiday Treats:
- Gin and Tonic Cupcakes inspired by Adam Sandler’s “The Chanukah Song” – The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Bars inspired by the movie “Love Actually” – Magnolia Days
- Gingerbread Marshmallows inspired by the song “Marshmallow World” – Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies inspired by the movie “The Gremlins” – Killer Bunnies, Inc
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge inspired by the song “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas” – Alida’s Kitchen
- Snowball Cookies inspired by the movie “White Christmas” – The Foodie Army Wife
- Penuche Fudge inspired by the movie “Elf” – Pies and Plots
- Hot Chocolate Cookies inspired by the movie “Santa Clause” – Mess Makes Food
- South Pacific Coconut Tres Leche Cake inspired by the movie “South Pacific” – The Ninja Baker
- Cookies & Cream Fudge inspired by the movie “Elf” – The Messy Baker
- Toasted Coconut Hot Chocolate inspired by the song “Let It Snow” – Chocolate Moosey
- The Christmas Gram inspired by the movie “Elf” – An Appealing Plan
- Eggnog Hot Chocolate inspired by the movie “National Lampoons Christmas Vacation” – Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Vermont Hot Chocolate inspired by the movie “White Christmas” – Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Spiked Hot Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Floats inspired by the song “Holly Jolly Christmas” – NeighborFood
This is Christmas; Wine Pairings for Holiday Themed #SundaySupper Recipes – ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.