Chicken Paillard Arugula Salad is one of my absolute favorite salads and it only take minutes to prepare!
I love being inspired by restaurants I visit. It is so fun to try a dish at a local restaurant and know that it left such an impression on you. You know, that dish you can’t stop thinking about after you leave. That is exactly what happened the first time I tried the Grilled Chicken Paillard at Oxford Exchange. It was like they knew me and brought some of my favorite things together just for me.
I’m obsessed with arugula and eat it almost every single day. And truffle lemon dressing, how do I begin to explain how much I love it? I could eat shaved parmesan on just about everything I eat, so you can imagine how much I love it on this salad. And as far as chicken goes, I like mine very thin. As in, it needs to not only be sliced very thin, it needs to be pounded. Paillard is usually a method used on beef or veal but it works really well in this chicken paillard arugula truffle salad.
When the Sunday Supper Tastemakers suggested a “healthy green” theme, I couldn’t wait to share this amazing salad with all of you! Not only is it healthy, it is packed with flavor. You get the spicy and peppery arugula paired so well with the truffle lemon dressing and the crispy thinly sliced chicken is almost like a base. I like to plate the chicken at the bottom and plate the salad on top. The beautiful parmesan cheese is the icing on the cake. It is a total home run.
While most of my recipes don’t send you looking for expensive or hard to find ingredients. I will tell you, it is totally worth it to splurge on truffle oil. Just a little bit goes such a long way and you will be using it on all kinds of dishes. Wait till I share with you my riced cauliflower with a truffle drizzle. You are going to love this recipe!
- 2-4 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons truffle oil or olive oil if you can't find truffle oil
- ½ pound of arugula
- Additional tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shaved
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- I ask my butcher to do this for me but if you want to do this one your own, follow the instructions. My best tip is, make friends with your butcher!
- Slice each chicken breast lengthwise.
- Place each slice of chicken breast between two pieces of wax paper or plastic wrap and pound with the flat end of a meat mallet until very thin.
- Place the arugula in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the truffle oil, season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet, preferably cast iron skillet grill, over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides and just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes for each side.
- This method can also be done on a grill. I have tried both and they both work.
- Transfer the chicken to warm serving plates, and top each portion with some of the arugula salad.
- Sprinkle with parmigiano-reggiano cheese and serve
In the meantime, I hope you will join in for our healthy twitter chat this week! The Sunday Supper tastemakers have really outdone themselves this week. They’re making everything from a Green Goddess Bibb Salad to some Creamy Pistachio Frozen Yogurt. Tune in on March 12th at 7pmEST to learn even more about these Healthy Green Recipes!
Healthy Green Recipes:
- Get Your Greens Smoothie by Hardly A Goddess
- Green Breakfast Omelet Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Green Eggs and Ham by Feeding Big
- Green Scrambled Eggs with Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Kuku Sabzi – Persian Herb Frittata by Caroline’s Cooking
- Matcha Overnight Oats by Brunch-n-Bites
- Southwest Breakfast Spinach Wrap by The Freshman Cook
- Super Green Smoothie by Simple and Savory
- Creamy Pistachio Frozen Yogurt by My Sweet Zepol
- Matcha Mint Coconut Candy by My Life Cookbook
- Sautéed Garlic and Parmesan Chicken With Spinach by My Sweet Savings
- Super Lime Bars by What Smells So Good?
- Gambian Spinach with Peanut Sauce by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Must Make Main Dishes
- Grilled Lettuce and Steak Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pan Roasted Cod on Spinach Basil Risotto with Lemon Butter Sauce by Positively Stacey
- Poached Cod with Pesto Wine Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Leek Skillet Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skinny Reuben Wraps with Homemade 1000 Island Dressing by For the Love of Food
- Tequila Chicken Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad by Pies and Plots
- Green Goddess Bibb Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes by Shockingly Delicious
- Sesame Wedge Salad with Key Lime Vinaigrette & Pickled Green Tomatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Shades of Green Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Zucchini Carpaccio Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Colcannon by Wholistic Woman
- Green Goddess Dip by From the Bookshelf
- Grilled Cabbage with Spicy Lime Dressing by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Irish Cabbage by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Miso Roasted Broccoli by Life Currents
- Pistachio Parmesan Oven Fries by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Quinoa Tabbouleh by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Books n’ Cooks
- Soy Glazed Sugar Snap Peas by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Tots by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Warm Brussels Sprout Slaw by Jersey Girl Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
And sign up for our newsletter to get great recipes delivered right to your inbox every Thursday!