I have a new favorite drink that I am totally hooked on. From the first time I saw Cinnamon Affogatos in the Desserts in Jars cookbook, I knew I had to try this delicacy. I think it was the Cinnamon Gelato that first attracted me. The taste of caramel and coffee is just heavenly and often makes me question if this is really a drink or is it a dessert. I think I like to refer to Cinnamon Affogatos as a drink because it sounds better. After all, I couldn’t possibly tell all my friends that I am enjoying a dessert every afternoon. Anyone that knows me knows, I am not a dessert lover…. but this drink is just out of this world. Try it and tell me what you think. I bet you will be hooked too.
- Ground espresso beans, enough for 4 shots
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups caramel or salted caramel gelato
- Stir together the ground espresso beans with the cinnamon and allspice. Brew the spiced espresso according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Add ½ cup gelato to the bottoms of four 8-ounce jars. Pour the hot espresso over the gelato. Sprinkle with a bit of additional cinnamon and serve immediately.
The Sunday Supper Team is excited to be working with Desserts in Jars this week. We are giving away copies of Desserts in Jars. You will have to check out the blogs listed below on Sunday for details.
If that wasn’t enough, join us during the #SundaySupper Chat and you could win Tickets to the Food and Wine Conference and a 2 night stay during the conference at the beautiful Rosen Shingle Creek. Everyone that joins the chat will be entered to win.
Ready for more Desserts in Jars? Take a look at these recipes from the Sunday Supper bloggers:
- Summer Fruit Fool in Jars by Shockingly Delicious
- Banana Split Cakes in a Jar by Daily Dish Recipes
- Baked Cheesecake In A Jar by Chocolate Moosey
- Key Lime Pies in a Jar by Home Cooking Memories
- Fudgy Brownie Mix by What Smells So Good?
- 5 Minute Coffee Cake in a Jar by Juanita’s Cocina
- Strawberry Mess by Jane’s Adventure’s in Dinner
- Mini Blueberry Cream Cheese Pies by Magnolia Days
- Peach Crisp in Jars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes by Hip Foodie Mom
- Salted Caramel Frozen Yogurt by Healthy.Delicious
- Boston Cream Pie Trifle by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Egg Cream in A Jar by Growing Up Gabel
- Cinnamon Espresso Bread Pudding in a Jar by Country Girl in the Village
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake in a Jar by Runner’s Tales
- Blueberry Thyme Pie in a Jar by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Caramel Panna Cotta in a Jar by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Layered Melon Granitas in Jars by Curious Cuisiniere
- Red Velvet Wedding Cake In A Jar by Foxes Love Lemons
- Strawberry Shortcake with Lemon Mascarpone in a Jar by Gotta Get Baked
- Nutella Panna Cotta in a Jar by Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie in a Jar by Big Bears Wife
- Bacon Bourbon Bread Pudding by The Urban Mrs
- Cinnamon Caramel Affogatos by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Ice Cream by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Midori Melon Flower Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Triple Berry Crisp in a Jar by Ruffles & Truffles
- Guilt-Free Blueberry Cream Cheese Gingerbread in a Jar by Eat, Move, Shine
- Gluten Free Pull-Apart Cinnamon Bread in a Jar by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Roasted Strawberry Coconut Cream Parfaits With Toasted Coconut by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate and Banana Ice Box Trifle In A Jar by In the Kitchen with KP
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement
The Desserts In Jars Summer Tour will be hosting live events around the country. Check out the events below and join us in a city near you. From Garden Parties to library events to restaurant menus, we are giving you the opportunity to experience these desserts from Desserts in Jars. These events will be so much fun and we would love to see you there!
This is an event you don’t want to miss! We would love to break bread with you at this event!