Ditch the cereal bowl for breakfast and try a Coconut Granola Bowla!
There is a little spot in our downtown that I love to stop after my morning walks. It is small, it is quaint, everything is homemade and they focus on healthy ingredients. Truth be told, they are responsible for my smoothie and smoothie bowl kick. One day their Bowla Granola caught my attention and I was hooked. I fell in love with the Coconut Granola Bowla almost as much as smoothie bowls. Almost… but what I like most of all is that I felt like I was enjoying a Pina Cola for breakfast. Yet it was filled with nutritious granola, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, cashews and more swimming in a bowl of coconut milk.
Here is he funny thing about this little spot. I love their food and the atmosphere, truly small town meets healthy trendy. Oy! Their service! Yes, it is one of those places that you do not want to stop in unless you have nothing but time on your hands. And every once in a while, you will pop in there and hey, what do you know, they are closed or they are opening late that day. No rhyme or reason other than… this is just what we do in small towns. Quietly, there is something about this that makes me smile. To have the confidence that your customers will continue to come back even when you break your own rules is a beautiful thing.
What was I to do on the days when I was welcomed by a closed sign on the door? Well, I started making my own Coconut Granola Bowla at home and I have had so much fun with the toppings. I love adding fresh fruit and chia seeds but my all time favorite topping is a plop of maple yogurt. So easy to make and packed with flavor with a touch of sweetness.
This recipe is also so fun for brunch or for kids sleepovers. Everyone can add their favorite toppings. The kids love the granola and nuts and will be talking about it for days after!
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup granola, use your favorite combination, I used a Pina Colada mix
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or cherries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon real maple syrup
- fresh fruit of your choice, I love any kind of berries and slices of mangoes
- Pour the coconut milk into a bowl.
- Top with granola and all the other toppings of your choice.
- Top with a tablespoon maple syrup Greek yogurt.
- To make the maple syrup Greek yogurt:
- Combine the Greek yogurt and maple syrup in a small container. Refrigerate and use as needed.
Come celebrate National Piña Colada Day with us on July 10th and in celebration of this wonderful drink, Sunday Supper Tastemakers are sharing 40+ Best Coconut Recipes! Coconut is used in sweet and savory recipes and it also comes in many forms. We are crazy over coconut and how versatile it is!
- Gluten Free Coconut French Toast by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Make Ahead Healthy Piña Colada Breakfast Parfait by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Piña Colada Granola (grain free) by My Life Cookbook
- Piña Colada Nut Bread by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Piña Colada Overnight Oats by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Piña Colada Pancakes by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Dive in with Sides and Appetizers
- Coconut Shrimp with Piña Colada Sauce by From Gate to Plate
- Easy Piña Colada Salad by April Golightly
- Piña Colada Coleslaw by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Coco-Nutty Main Dishes
- Chickpea Potato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- Coconut Shrimp with Piña Colada Sauce by Feeding Big and more
- Piña Colada Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Piña Colada Chicken Skewers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Barbecue Chops with Colada Slaw by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pound Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookies and Coconut Cream Popsicles by Books n’ Cooks
- Creamy Dairy-Free Vegan Coconut Ice Cream by Positively Stacey
- Easy Piña Colada Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Piña Colada Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Homemade Samoas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- How to make a Piña Colada Flan – Custard with Coconut and Pineapple by Asian In America
- Island Breeze Piña Colada Panna Cotta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Kheer by What Smells So Good?
- Mini Roasted Blueberry and Coconut Cream Trifles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Piña Colada Bars by Dessert Geek
- Piña Colada Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Piña Colada Energy Balls by Wholistic Woman
- Piña Colada Ice Cream by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rice Pudding by Hardly A Goddess
- Piña Colada Trifle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Piña Colada Tropical Fruit Cups with Coconut Yogurt Dip by The Hungry Goddess
- Piña Colada Upside Down Cake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pineapple Coconut Pudding by Magnolia Days
- Samoa Smacky Delicious Mix by Cooking With Carlee
- Toasted Coconut Sour Cherry Sundae by Pies and Plots
- Tropical Fruit Cups by The Freshman Cook
Sweet to Sip Beverages
- Boozy Coconut & Caramel Milkshakes by Momma’s Meals
- Classic Piña Colada by The Chef Next Door
- Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie by Desserts Required
- Coquito by Monica’s Table
- Lime Coconut Lassi by Food Lust People Love
- Piña Colada Agua Fresca by Simply Healthy Family
- Piña Colada Freeze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Piña Colada Smoothie by A Mind Full Mom
- Spiced Piña Colada by Family Around the Table
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.