It is so true that life is a journey. As I write this post, I can’t help but reflect on how much my life has changed over the past two years. I chuckle a bit as I continue to be amazed as to how this all has happened and come about. Although it all began with a post the day after my daughter left for college, a tiny seed had been planted back in 2007. The library tends to be my happy place, and after spending the afternoon going through cookbooks, I realized that I didn’t connect to many of the recipes. They didn’t speak to me and inspire me to spend time in the kitchen with my family.
That evening I sat in our family room and wrote down all the ideas that I had for a cookbook and a website that would go along with it. And so the story began. Well, not quite… there was another business opportunity that came about and bumps, curves and detours. But, like a weed that you just can’t get rid of, that tiny little seed continued to creep up on me reminding me that it had no intentions of going away. And so the day after my daughter left for college, I wrote that first post about pancakes and who could ever have imagined the world that was out there waiting for me?
This week’s Sunday Supper is all about being thankful and we are sharing some of our favorite Thanksgiving and Hanukkah Recipes with you. Our host is Paula, from Vintage Kitchen and she is joining us all the way from Buenos Aires. Paula has been part of the Sunday Supper Team for a long time and I love learning about her culture through her recipes.
I am thankful for so many things in my life but I am most thankful that my life didn’t go as planned. I am thankful that life threw me a curve ball because it was at that point that I found my passion. I am thankful that I wake up every day and thank God that I have been given the opportunity to grow a business that I love and that makes a difference in the lives of others.
This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for our Sunday Supper Family and all the lives that we touch through the Sunday Supper Movement .
I have become a little obsessed with the combination of Chorizo and Craisins. This Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo and Craisins was inspired by three of my favorite recipes. Emeril’s Chorizo Stuffing, my friend Charles makes the best Easy Corn Bread Casserole and last week’s Stuffed Acorn Squash with Chorizo and Craisins. When you are looking for a softer, sweet and savory stuffing recipe, this one is a winner.
Sunday Supper Favorite Thanksgiving and Hanukkah Recipes
FIRST COURSE / APPETIZERS
- Harvest Soup from Bea of The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Horseradish Cranberry & Herbed Cheese Bites from Jen of Juanita’s Cocina
- Savory Rosemary Baklava with Brie from Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
SAVORY BREADS + STUFFING
- Cloverleaf Rolls from Micha of Cookin’ Mimi
- Freeze and Bake Buttermilk Biscuits from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Picnic Roll from Linda of The Urban Mrs
- Raspberry and Brie Crescent Rolls from Karen of In The Kitchen With KP
- Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo and Craisins from Isabel at Family Foodie
- Easy Gluten-Free Corn “Bread” Stuffing from Laura at Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Eggless Herb and Garlic Fresh Pasta from Sarah at What Smells So Good?
- Honey Orange Turkey Breast from Cindy at Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Brussels Sprout Latkes from Susan at The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cheesey Scalloped Potatoes from Shaina at Take A Bite Out Of Boca
- Cornucopia Sweet Potato Barley Salad from Wendy at The Weekend Gourmet
- Creamy Scalloped Corn from Alaiyo at Pescetarian Journal
- Fried Smashed Potatoes from Renee at Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grandpa’s Simple Stuffing from Bobbi at Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Green Beans with Pecans and Cranberries from Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Honey and Cinnamon Glazed Sweet Potatoes from Jennifer at Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Italian American Turkey Dressing from Anne at Webicurean
- Loaded Mashed Potato Bake from Lori at Foxes Love Lemons
- Maple Sweet Potatoes with Browned Butter Pecan Topping from Brianne at Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Mushroom and Barley Casserole with Bacon, Gruyere and Spinach from Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Blue Cheese from Sarah at Curious Cuisiniere
DESSERTS + SWEET BREADS
- Almond Brioche Sticky Buns from Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
- Baked Caramel Apple Cider Donuts from Nicole at Daily Dish Recipes
- Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie from Cheryl at Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Blue Ribbon Meyer Lemon Mascarpone Cheesecake from Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious
- Bourbon Pecan Pie from Julie at The Texan New Yorker
- Chocolate Moussecake from Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Rolls from Conni at The Foodie Army Wife
- Gingered Butternut Squash Tart from Renee of Magnolia Days
- Hanukkah Lemon Star Cookies from Shannon at Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Manischewitz, Cranberry Double Holiday Donuts from Kim at Ninja Baking
- Mini Maple Sweet Potato Pies from Holly at Mess Makes Food
- Mini Pumpkin Pies from Nichole at Casa de Crews
- Mom’s Custard Pie from Courtney at Neighborfood
- No Bake Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake from Tammi of Momma’s Meals
- Plum and Blackberry Crumble from Katy at Happy Baking Days
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake from Heather at girlichef
- Salted Butterscotch Pudding from Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie from Laura at Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Gingersnap Pie from Paula at Vintage Kitchen Notes
All American Wine Pairing Guide for Being Thankful #SundaySupper from Martin at ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here:Sunday Supper Movement.