Cranberry Pecan Turkey Salad ~ the perfect day after Thanksgiving meal
Although in the past, I have viewed it as one of the most chaotic holidays, this year I will be slowing down and take in every minute of this special time. Spending time with friends and family will be the focus of this Thanksgiving. I will enjoy every minute of having our family together once again and my menu will consist of many of our favorite recipes. It doesn’t have to be fancy, it just has to come from the heart. Let’s just say, mashed potatoes are always required as long as Alexandra has a say on the menu.
What wine to serve? We’ve got you covered.We think Pinot Noir and Pinot Grigio from Gallo Family Vineyards cover all the bases. Pinot Noir and Pinot Grigio serve as opposite, yet equally tasty wines to complement your favorite comfort foods.
I love a brand that gives back to the community and love the Every Cork Counts™ program. Gallo Family Vineyards is joining with Meals on Wheels America to improve the health and quality of life for the seniors they serve. For the sixth year, Gallo Family Vineyards invites Americans to help end senior hunger and isolation with its annual Every Cork Counts™ program. The winemaker is donating $1 for every cork submitted through its website or by snail mail. You can also participate by sending a photo of your cork to the website.
As much as we enjoy the turkey on Thanksgiving, I can tell you that we all look forward to this Cranberry Pecan Turkey Salad the next day. Especially Alexandra, she goes crazy over this combination and loves the addition of pomegranates. They have been a favorite since she was a child. It is such a fun twist on an old favorite. It is so light and if you choose to use pomegranate, it is packed with fresh flavor and a great crunch. The greek yogurt adds a great spin on traditional chicken salad. This delicious Cranberry Pecan Turkey Salad is taken to another level when paired with Gallo Family Pinot Grigio.
- 2 cups cooked turkey or rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ⅓ cup sweet dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tomato chopped
- 4 cups Spring mix salad
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, fresh squeezed
- seeds from one pomegranate (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, red onion, dried cranberries, chopped pecans, Greek yogurt, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Plate spring mix, tomato.
- With an ice cream scooper, scoop the turkey salad on top of the spring mix.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
We know you’ll find these 20 recipes that celebrate food and wine great inspiration for your Holiday table. Join us at 7 p.m. ET Sunday for our Giving Thanks celebration. We will be chatting live on Twitter and you can join the dish by following the hashtag #SundaySuppper.
Appetizers and Bread:
- Antipasto by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blue Cheese, Fig, and Caramelized Onion Palmiers by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Crusty Artisan Style Bread by Life Tastes Good
- Grandma’s Oyster Stew by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Turkey Croquets with Mushroom Sauce by Basic N Delicious
Salads and Sides:
- Autumn Crunch Salad by Magnolia Days
- Harvest Chopped Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Pecan Turkey Salad by Family Foodie
- Kicked Up Oven Roasted Red Potatoes by Recipe for Perfection
- Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Salad by Ruffles and Truffles
- Rustic Herbed Stuffing with Greens by Shockingly Delicious
- Fig Basted Roast Butternut Squash Stuffed with Quinoa, Apple and Fig Stuffing by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Paella by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Balsamic Beef by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Desserts and Sweets:
- Chocolate Gingerbread Blondies by Food Done Light
- Cinnamon Spice Coffee Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cranberry Orange Coffeecake With Brown Sugar Crumb by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Dark Chocolate Caramel Bark by Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Pumpkin Angel Pie by Desserts Required
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake by Alida’s Kitchen
Plus 10 Ways to Give Thanks by Sunday Supper Movement
Need more ideas for giving thanks on Thanksgiving? Check out Gallo Family Vineyards’ blog.
More on Gallo Family Vineyards: Follow them on social media to keep up the latest on their happenings and wines. Here are quick links to GFV’s profiles: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. The Gallo Family Vineyards website has lots of information on their wines plus wine & food pairings and a handy store locator.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.