Creamy Spinach and Cauliflower rice is so delicious and is ready is 15 minutes
You know I am always excited to share my recipes with you guys but I have to say I am really excited about this one. Cauliflower Rice has become a new favorite of mine and this recipe is truly out of this world. The best way to describe this dish is to compare it to risotto without all the work. Instead of the notoriously tedious preparation and babysitting required by the infamous risotto, 15 minutes of work and you will have a decadent creamy, cheesy, heavenly creation.
I have prepared this dish for parties and friends are shocked at the taste and are almost in disbelief when they realize they are eating cauliflower. Originally, I grated the cauliflower myself and honestly, it turns out just as delicious when I purchase the frozen rice cauliflower. And you know me, I am all about eating delicious foods but I also like the convenience of being able to whip up delicious meals for my family without spending hours in the kitchen. Hence, why we rarely get traditional risotto over here… that thing is just a slave driver!
And since it is BBQ season, let’s be honest-it’s always BBQ season in Florida, this dish pairs so well with BBQ. I have tried it with BBQ Pork and Chicken. The smooth texture pairs so well with the tangy BBQ sauce. We have been cooking extra chicken on the weekend so I could enjoy it during the week for lunch. I love when meals come together without lots of fuss! Well, the only fuss is when you fill your bowl too high and it overflows like mine did. Then you will have to fuss a bit and clean it up. So be careful friends and don’t make a mess like me.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) frozen cauliflower rice or 2 cups of cooked finely diced cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Squeeze the bag of frozen cauliflower rice gently to separate veggies. Pour contents of bag into large nonstick skillet.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until veggies are hot, stirring occasionally.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add the flour and minced garlic and cook for a few minutes until the mixture turns a golden color.
- Slowly add the milk; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles and thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.
- ADD cooked cauliflower rice and cheese to sauce in skillet; stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in the spinach for another 2 minutes until the mixture is well blended and slightly bubbling.
- Stir in salt and black pepper.
- Top with your favorite protein and BBQ sauce if desired (optional)
Try this Creamy Spinach and Cauliflower rice. I promise you will not be disappointed and I bet even the pickiest of eaters will like it!
We love our brand partners and love Florida Dairy Cows
Dairy farming is an important industry in Florida. Did you know Florida is home to more than 120 thousand dairy cows who collectively produce over 270 million gallons of fresh milk each year?! The most common breed of dairy cow in Florida is the Holstein. They are also the most recognizable of the dairy breeds as Holsteins are typically black and white with clearly defined markings. Florida is also home to the Milking Shorthorn, Ayrshire, Brown Swiss, Guernsey, and Jersey breeds. To learn more about the hardworking Florida dairy cows and see adorable photos, Click here > to meet the cows.
As a Mom, I love using recipes made with milk. They are so nutritious!
Milk is often referred to as “nature’s most perfect food,” All dairy milk provides nine essential nutrients important to your overall health. In addition to naturally occurring, high-quality protein, milk contains other good-for-you stuff such as B vitamins for energy, vitamin A to help support a healthy immune system, as well as calcium and vitamin D for your bones. Milk just so happens to be the top food source for calcium, potassium and vitamin D, which means milk has three of the four nutrients identified as lacking in many American diets, including those of children. Since more than 90 percent of the U.S. population falls short of the recommended three daily servings of milk, Sunday Supper and Florida Milk joined forces to share our favorite recipes using milk from breakfast to dessert to help ensure you are incorporating milk into your daily diet.
Florida Dairy Farmers Instagram Contest
Florida Dairy Farmers
Contest runs from June 1st at 12:01am through June 30th at 11:59pm (1 winner each week & 1 grand prize winner)
- Follow @floridamilk on Instagram and use the hashtag #JuneDairyMonth
- Share a photo on Instagram during the month of June showing us what you make with milk for #JuneDairyMonth
- Tag the photo @floridamilk and use the hashtag #JuneDairyMonth
Prizes: Each contest week runs from 12:01am – 11:59pm
- Week 1: June 1st-June 7th prize Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
- Week 2: June 8th-June 14th prize $50 Publix Gift Card
- Week 3: June 15th-June 21st prize Vintage Milk Truck Cookie Jar
- Week 4: June 22nd-June 28th prize BBQ Set in Wooden Carrying Case
Grand Prize: All valid entries from June 1st – June 30th considered
- A year supply of milk ($275 value)
- A night for 4 at the Publix Apron Cooking School
- Florida Dairy Farmers gift basket
Winner notification & other rules:
- Winner(s) will be chosen at random each week and contacted via Instagram direct message. Winner(s) have 48 hours to respond and claim the prize or another winner will be chosen.
- Winner(s) will also be announced in the Sunday Supper Movement Newsletter in July
- Must be US resident 18 years of age or older
- This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram
To learn more about Florida Dairy Farmers visit their website and follow them across social media
Sunday Supper Recipes Using Milk
Milk Recipes for Breakfast
- Crustless Spinach Quiche with Cheddar Cheese by Recipes Food & Cooking
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl by Love & Confections
- Easy Baked Grits with Sausage Gravy by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fresh Fruit-Topped Mini Pancakes by Girl Abroad
Milk Recipes for Lunch
- Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Soup by Life Tastes Good
- Creamy Spinach and Cauliflower Rice by Family Foodie
- Savory Caprese Oatmeal Bowl by Go Epicurista
- Vegetarian Croque Monsieur by Helpful Homemade
Milk Recipes for Dinner
- Gouda Grits with Creamy Asparagus and Crab Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Milk Poached Chicken with Pesto by Cricket’s Confections
- Potato Stack by Healing Tomato
- Triple Cheddar Chicken Pasta by Authentically Candace
Milk Recipes for Dessert
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Flour On My Face
- Coconut Flan by Desserts Required
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles by Casa de Crews
- Mini Boston Cream Cakes by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.