It’s Saturday Night at our home and like many weekend nights, it is filled with laughter, squeals, and teenagers. What would probably seem chaotic to most, seems quite natural over here. I made a big crock pot of Portuguese Pulled Pork, Pepperoni Pizza Dip and homemade Macaroni and Cheese for Reis and his friends. They are outside enjoying a bonfire and Ron and I are enjoying a quiet moment inside and watching football.
The only thing that is a tad different this week, is the fact that Ron and I are over here drooling over Stone Crabs. It is Stone Crab season and this is one little indulgence that we love to splurge on. Living in Florida for 18 years, we have enjoyed many stone crab seasons and look forward to the juicy claws when this time of year comes around. This batch is so sweet and juicy and just when I thought they couldn’t get any better, I decided to add a little bit of Gourmet Garden Chili Pepper and Garlic to the buttery dipping sauce. It was fabulous and a great complement to the juicy Stone Crabs.
I digress. I have a tendency to do that when I am in the middle of enjoying great food.
Sooo… at our home, it would not be a Holiday Celebration without having soup as a starter. Call it a Portuguese thing or call it a formality – - we love starting our holiday celebrations with a great soup. For many years, we have served either Italian Wedding Soup or Shrimp Bisque in a Puff Pastry but this year, I decided it was time for a new soup. My family is absolute crazy about potatoes and head over heals over Prosciutto. It seemed like a likely combination to me. I decided to combine the two and add my favorite herbs, garlic and parsley, and came up with a delicious Garlic Potato Soup with Crispy Prosciutto.
Now, I have to share with you that I am so in love with fresh garlic and parsley that I did not believe that if it came from a tube, it could be just as good. I know it will be hard for you to believe, but Gourmet Garden proved me wrong. Their garlic and parsley not only has big flavor, but it also is so easy and convenient – - especially for someone like me who can not grow parsley no matter how hard I try. It is perfect for weekday suppers and also the perfect addition to special recipes like this one.
Gourmet Garden’s herbs are grown in the rich soil of organic farms on the Sunshine Coast of Australia. Within 24 hours of harvesting they are simply washed, chopped, blended and packed into tubes guaranteeing their fresh taste and nutrition for up to 3 months. Gourmet Garden’s wide range of herbs including Basil, Cilantro, Chili Pepper, Dill, Garlic, Ginger, Italian Herbs, Lemon Grass, Parsley and Oregano can be found in the fresh produce section of your local supermarket.
They are used like fresh herbs in a one-to-one ratio, but can be used in place of dried typically in a 2 to 1 ratio, 2 tbsp GG Ginger equals 1 tbsp dried ginger. I love following them on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram to get great recipe ideas and inspiration.
The Sunday Supper Team is thrilled to be partnering with Gourmet Garden this week and sharing some of our favorite Easy Holiday Entertaining Recipes to help make this season a cinch. The recipes from our contributors are out of this world and all have one thing in common, the use of Gourmet Garden fresh herbs and spices. We all know that fresh herbs make a big difference to the flavor and quality of a dish. This holiday season, we’ve got your covered with easy recipes that will impress your guests!
- Lemongrass Ginger Pancakes for a Holiday Brunch by Daily Dish Recipes
- Buttery Herb Pull-Apart Rolls by girlichef
- Garlic and Herb Crusted Lamb Lollipops by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Thai Style Grilled Monkfish Appetizer by Soni’s Food
- Green Goddess Dip by Juanita’s Cocina
- Garlic and Herb Pizza Puffs by Alida’s Kitchen
- Herbed Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato on Crostini by Supper for a Steal
- Prosciutto, Gruyere and Basil Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Thai-style Mussels by kimchi MOM
- Crispy Prosciutto Garlic Potato Soup by Family Foodie
- Carnita Style Beef by The Foodie Army Wife
- Chicken Cakes with Cilantro Garlic Mayo by The Dinner-Mom
- Coconut Lemongrass Chicken Curry- Two Ways! by Hip Foodie Mom
- Creamy Pasta with Spinach, Chili, and Walnuts by Healthy. Delicious.
- Herb and Garlic Clam Linguini by Noshing With The Nolands
- Quick Winter Marinara by The Messy Baker
- Italian Mac & Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Foxes Love Lemons
- Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Steamed Broccoli by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lemongrass Coconut Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
You can Pin these recipes from our Easy Holiday Entertaining Pinterest Board and sign-up to receive Gourmet Garden Newsletter and download a coupon on their website Gourmet Garden . Follow Gourmet Garden on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by Gourmet Garden Herbs & Spices. All opinions are my own.