I feel truly blessed. I have a wonderful father that has given me so many wonderful memories and has made so many sacrifices so that I can have the life that I have today. Leaving your family behind and immigrating to another country because you want a better life for your family, is something that is not only honorable but a sign of true love. I am also blessed to have an amazing family of my own with a husband that selflessly gives unconditional love to all of us every day.
The best gift both of these men have given to their families is the gift of belief. They believe in us. No matter how young or how old you are, there is no better gift. It is an honor to have today’s post written by my almost 20 year old daughter, Alex.
Since this Sunday is Father’s Day, I was given the opportunity to introduce you all to the world’s greatest dad… but really, he IS the greatest. I know most people say their dad is the best, but in my honest opinion my dad beats everyone else’s. He’s always been my biggest fan and supported me through it all. He is an amazing father and husband, but also one of the greatest role models to all four of us kids. I truly couldn’t have asked for a better dad.
One of Dad’s many talents include his exceptional grilling abilities. From salmon to steak to kielbasa, his recipes are always right on point. The one recipe that takes the prize is the mouthwatering Dad’s famous baby back ribs. Ask any of the kids, and we will go on and on about how good these ribs really are. Every time he makes them we think we won’t be able to eat them all, but every time there is not a single rib left.
My dad’s famous baby back ribs are not just famous in the family but among our friends, as well. All of our friends love eating at our house because we’re almost always having a delicious home-cooked meal. If our friends know Dad’s making ribs, it is guaranteed that at least two friends will be joining the family for dinner. Great ribs and great company, it just doesn’t get much better than that.
Happy Father’s Day Dad. We love you!
- 2 racks of pork Baby Back Ribs
- 1½ cups of barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon of McCormick's Spicy Montreal Steak seasoning
- ¼ cup of Stubbs Beef Marinade
- Fresh ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- Mix McCormick's seasoning, Stubbs marinade, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Brush the mixture on the ribs.
- Let marinade for 1 to 2 hours.
- Set the grill to medium heat.
- Place ribs on top rack and slow cook for 45 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to high and flip ribs. Cook until browned and crispy.
- Flip ribs again and turn the grill heat down to low.
- Brush barbecue sauce on the ribs and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Dad’s Favorite Main Dishes:
- Father’s Day Ribs by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chorizo Burgers by La Cocina de Leslie
- Whiskey Sliders by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Beer Can Chicken by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pesto Shrimp Roll Sandwich by Growing Up Gabel
- Cast Iron Filet Mignon with Wine Sauce by I Run For Wine
- Grilled Tilapia with Blueberry Mango Salsa by Runner’s Tales
- Chicken Wings for Dad by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fish with Black Bean Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti with Homemade Meatballs by Curious Cuisiniere
- Tamale Pie Ring by Treats & Trinkets
- Grill-Roasted Chicken & Vegetables by Foxes Loves Lemons
- Grandma Papina’s Lamb Stew by Webicurean
- Barbecue Beans and Ribs by Food Lust People Love
- Skillet Meat Lasagna by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Panko Crusted Snapper by Supper for a Steal
- Gluten Free Bourbon Honey Grilled Pork Chops by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Boiled Shrimp for Father’s Day by The Catholic Foodie
- Dad’s Famous Baby Back Ribs by Family Foodie
- Turkey Stuffed Peppers by Ruffles & Truffles
- Lightened Up Fish Biriyani With Fresh Dill by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Cauliflower, Potato, and Cheddar Pierogi by Healthy.Delicious
Dad’s Favorite Appetizers and Sides:
- Spicy Caramelized Bacon Wrapped Smoked Oysters by Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuna Pasta Salad – Dad’s Recipe by Juanita’s Cocina
- Grilled Bok Choy by Shockingly Delicious
- Bacon-Cheddar Potato Salad by Home Cooking Memories
- Couscous Tabbouleh by Soni’s Food
Dad’s Favorite Desserts
- Dad’s Cheesecake by Table for 7
- Cheese Crackers by The Urban Mrs
- Coconut Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Chewy Oat Cookies with a Banana Bread Influence by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Nutter Butters by Pies and Plots
- Shoot for the Stars Chocolate Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Golden Coconut Bars by Magnolia Days
- Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by NeighborFood
- Velvet Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie by Small Wallet Big Appetite
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement
Sunday Supper is not only a movement, but our contributors have become more like a family. Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing families in this group! Without your love for family, the Sunday Supper Movement would not be what it is today. May you enjoy a day filled with love Around the Family Table!
Come celebrate Father’s day with the Sunday Supper Team! We would love to have you join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat starting at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to seeing you. To join all you need to do is follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and share your favorite tips and recipes. Be sure to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.