After a super busy Spring Break week with the kids, I was ready to relax. Most of my meals are already easy and simple, but this Sunday I was really ready for Easy and Simple Recipe.
It’s funny that we go through phases and make the same thing over and over, then we completely forget about that Recipe. That happens to me all the time. I had picked up gorgeous Pork Chops that were on sale at our local grocer for only $1.99 per pound and asked Ron and the kids how they would like them prepared. When Ron said, “Remember when you used to make that Portuguese Pork Chop Recipe with the leaves and a wine sauce? You haven’t made them in a long time.”
Pork Chops with leaves on them? For the life of me, I couldn’t remember what recipe that could possibly have been. After some thought, I realized that he meant the Portuguese Pork Chop Recipe that I had not made in so long. Honestly, I had forgotten all about that recipe all together. Oh, and the leaves are Bay Leaves.
This recipe is so easy to prepare and gave us time to enjoy each other Around the Family Table before the hustle and bustle of getting ready for school.
[print_this]Portuguese Pork Chop Recipe
- 6 Bone in Rib Chops
- Olive Oil to line the bottom of Frying Pan (I prefer to use my electric frying pan for this recipe so I can add all the Pork Chops at once)
- 2 Teaspoons of Garlic
- 6 Bay Leaves
- 1 Large Lemon
- 3 Cups of White Wine (I love using a traditional inexpensive white like Vinho Verde)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Line Bottom of frying pan with Olive Oil and heat
- Add the Pork chops and do not flip until a nice brown crust forms on each Chop. Do the same on both sides. The brown crust is key in this dish
- Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper on both sides
- Add Garlic to the pan when you flip the chops and brown along with the pork.
- Cut Lemon in half. Slice one half into 6 thin slices
- Squeeze the other half over the Pork Chops
- Add Bay Leaves to the pan
- Pour the white wine evenly over the Chops and simmer on low for approximately 20 minutes
- Use meat thermometer to check the Pork
- Serve with a slice of Lemon on top of each Chop
Served over Rice, these Chops are delicious. Garlic Broccoli with a little bit of the Sauce on it completes this meal.[/print_this]
Kids Ratings: Ronnie 9, Reis 9.5, Riley 10
Join us this Sunday Around the Family Table for more Easy and Simple Recipes during #SundaySupper. The fun begins Sunday at 3 pm EST and will last until Supper is ready. It is a great way to get and share tips, recipes and inspiration. All you have to do is use hashtag #SundaySupper or follow along on TweetChat.