Friends are coming over to enjoy the long weekend and you want to throw together a great meal but also want to enjoy their company. You need to prepare this Easy and Tasty Filet Mignon on the grill.
To me long holiday’s are all about special moments with the family. I look forward to the long weekend because it gives our son in college a reason to come home and gives us the opportunity to hang out as a family. As our children grow, those special moments where life seems to slow down after a busy week are precious.
Holiday weekends are a time to gather family and friends while enjoying great food around the pool and friendly competitions over the horseshoe pit. During these time, I am all about easy, tasty, and nutritious recipes. I want to be right in the middle of the fun and games.
There is nothing easier and tastier than throwing a juicy filet mignon on the grill. Great beef is such a show stopper and can leave friends and family believing we are rock stars in the kitchen with little effort. I do quite a bit of steak talk around here. It’s hard to beat when it comes to easy, no-labor entertaining. If you choose great cuts you will need little more than salt and pepper. In this case we added a bit of steak sauce and garlic powder right before grilling. That is it.
I love making side dishes I can prepare ahead of time or are equally easy to prepare. These gorgeous easy and tasty filet mignons are beautiful over a bed of arugula with shaved parmesan cheese sprinkled with fresh lemon. Sometimes, I will plate it over paper-thin slices of bresaola. Talk about a showstopper – but this is completely optional and may turn into a little bit of labor which is not what we intended.
Follow these tips from Certified Angus Beef –
- Take steaks out of the refrigerator 10 to 15 minutes before cooking
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper generously on both sides
- Always cover your grill while cooking. A covered grill helps the filets cooks quickly and evenly
- Start with a hot grill. Searing beef helps lock in the tasty juices
- Turn the filets with a tong. Never pierce them with a fork
- Only flip the filets once
- Set steaks aside to rest a few minutes before serving
- 4 filet mignon steaks, approximate 8 ounces and 1 to 1¼ inches thick
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- fresh ground sea salt and pepper
- Heat the grill to high heat (450° to 550°F).
- Bring the steaks to room temperature. Approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder on both side.
- Season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Drizzle the steak sauce over the steak right before adding to the grill.
- Brush the grill grates clean.
- Grill the steaks over direct high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to desired doneness.
- Turn once using tongs.
- minutes for medium rare or 10-12 minute for medium.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
Join us at 7 p.m. ET Sunday for a lively Twitter talk with delicious and easy recipes your friends and family will love.
Savory Snacks and Sides:
- Butternut Squash, Black Bean and Spinach Quesadillas by Our Good Life
- Copy Cat: Momma’s Nachos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cream Cheese and Peach Chutney Pastry Cups by Soni’s Food
- Easy Peasy Cole Slaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Fruit & Cheese Platter by The Freshman Cook
- Olive Tapenade by Whole Food | Real Families
- Semi-Homemade Baked Beans by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Smoked Salmon Spread with Sourdough Baguette by A Gouda Life
Labor Free Main Dishes:
- Ace of Clubs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy and Tasty Filet Mignon on the Grill by Family Foodie
- Easy Baked Spaghetti for a Crowd by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Greek Salad Endive Boats by Casa de Crews
- Grilled Butternut Squash, Zucchini and Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pesto Chicken with Fennel & Tomato Couscous by Books n’ Cooks
- Simple Cheese Enchiladas by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Simple Shrimp on the Grill by Nosh My Way
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Mustard Barbecue Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes by Food Done Light
- Smoked Paprika Roast Chicken by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spicy Thai Noodles by Momma’s Meals
Sweet Treats and Drinks:
- Apple Spice Dump Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Blender Chocolate Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Scones with Citrus Glaze by Eat Picks
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- Coconut Martini by Desserts Required
- Creamy Coconut Popsicles by Food Lust People Love
- Easy Strawberry Peach Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Mango Salad with Crystallized Ginger by MealDiva
- Mini Pavlovas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Bar by Brunch with Joy
- One Step Vanilla Sauce by Magnolia Days
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Bars by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtagand remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here:Sunday Supper Movement.