Every August I find myself searching for Easy Back to School Recipes. I love new starts and the new school year inspires me to make changes that will hopefully make a difference in the lives of my children. One of my goals this year is to get out of our breakfast rut. I am determined to slowly but surely get my kids eating better before they leave for school. Eggs are going to become my kids new best friend, they just don’t know it yet. I turned to one of my favorite cookbooks, The Mom 100 Cookbook.
From the first time I picked it up, I loved the recipes and solutions Katie shares with moms. Katie Workman addresses the solutions for all the cooking-for-kids dilemmas that every Mom faces every day. This is a cookbook that I look forward to turning to for easy back to school recipes this year. Her suggestions for scrambled eggs have inspired me to cook a hot breakfast before my kids head out the door this school year. I will keep you posted on our progress!!
We are big on wraps in our home and I love Katie’s Blueprint for Wraps. My kids have already picked out which ones they want to include in their lunchbox. They are having as much going through this cookbook because the way Katie has it organized and all the options that can go into each recipe.
And then of course there is dinner… how to get the kids fed with easy back to school recipes and get them out the door to practice (at least that is how it is in our home during football season.) This may be my absolute favorite part of The Mom 100 Cookbook. I can tell you that I have tried two recipes so far, Garlic Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken and Arroz con Pollo, and they are both out of this world! These recipes are perfect for #SundaySupper and when they are doubled, they become perfect additions to easy weekday suppers.
Katie also offers more great suggestions for Easy Back to School Recipes to cook with the kids on her blog post Gearing Up For Back-to-School.
Join us this Sunday for #SundaySupper Around the Family Table with Katie Workman at 7pm ET. Katie is so much fun and will be sharing her Easy Back to School Recipes during our chat. We love for you to join us and share your tips and inspiration. Let’s make this the best school year yet for our kids!
Easy Breakfast ideas:
- Hawaiian Scrambled Eggs Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Scrambled Eggs with sausage and fresh herbs by Basic n Delicious
- Breakfast Wraps by Magnolia Days
- Scrambled Eggs with Herb Croutons Comfy Cuisine
- Scrambled Eggs for Preschoolers In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap by Meal Planning Magic
- California Chicken Wraps by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken, Hummus, and sautéed Vegetable Wraps by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Roast Beef Wraps with Horseradish Mayo by Juanita’s Cocina
- Mesquite Turkey, Mango and Pepper Jack Wraps by Shockingly Delicious
- Hummus, Cucumber, Roasted Pepper and Carrot Lunchbox Wrap by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Quick and Easy Mozzarella and Meatball Wrap by Mama Mommy Mom
- Herbed Beef Wraps by Brie’s Bites
- California Wraps by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sautéed Corn, with Double Bacon, Scallions and Shrimp by The Meltaways
- Garlic Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken by Supper for a Steal
- Kebab Chicken & Grilled Veggie Wraps with Tahini Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Fresh mozzarella Pasta Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Choose Your Topping Grilled Pizza by In the Kitchen with KP
- Quesadillas Your Way by Mrs. Mama Hen
- BBQ & Cheddar Chicken Quesadillas by Big Bears Wife
- Yum Yum Salmon Quesadillas by Family Foodie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Girlichef
- Fudgy One-Pot Raspberry Cocoa Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Fudgy One-Pot Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pear Choco Walnut Coffee Cake by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peach Clafoutis by The Messy Baker Blog
We will be sharing great family recipes all day and want you to share yours with us! Join us at 7pm ET for our #SundaySupper Chat with Katie Workman. Follow us on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat. We love to feature your recipes on our #sundaysupper pinterest board and share them with all our followers.
- Connect with Katie Workman, Author of The Mom 100 Cookbook:
- The Mom 100 blog Katie shares recipes, tips and inspiration.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katieworkman100
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/katieworkman100
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/katieworkman100
- Website: www.themom100.com
- Buy The Mom 100 Cookbook