I am in a bit of denial. I find myself writing and intentionally ignoring the bottom right hand corner of my screen (you know that pesty little calendar thing). You see, 2013 has been an absolutely, over the top, amazing year for me. Like most things that you enjoy so much, it has flown by and I don’t want it to come to an end. I truly can not believe that it is almost over and the Holiday Season is upon us. Most years, I start to plan my menu in November — I begin by dreaming up a new and creative appetizer that I test and play around with beforehand. Then comes the soup which is always a toss up between Italian Wedding Soup or Shrimp Bisque in puff pastry. Then for the main course, Portuguese Crown Pork Roast or Beef Wellington? Notice, that I am never concerned with desserts and you all know why — Vo-Vo brings her Bolo Rei, Portuguese Rice Pudding and her famous Flan Pudding. I am not the baker in this family!
Fast forward to this year and zip, zero, nada — I haven’t planned a thing! Once again the Sunday Supper Movement has come to the rescue with this week’s event, Easy Holiday Entertaining Recipes with Gourmet Garden. I recently tried their line of herbs and spices and fell in love. Gourmet Garden is passionate about making herbs and spices for everyday cooking — just what I needed this holiday season.
Gourmet Garden’s herbs are grown in the rich soil of organic farms on the Sunshine Coast of Australia. Within 24 hours of harvesting they are simply washed, chopped, blended and packed into tubes guaranteeing their fresh taste and nutrition for up to 3 months. Gourmet Garden’s wide range of herbs including Basil, Cilantro, Chili Pepper, Dill, Garlic, Ginger, Italian Herbs, Lemon Grass, Parsley and Oregano can be found in the fresh produce section of your local supermarket.
They are used like fresh herbs in a one-to-one ratio, but can be used in place of dried typically in a 2 to 1 ratio, 2 tbsp GG Ginger equals 1 tbsp dried ginger. I love following them on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram to get great recipe ideas and inspiration.
The Sunday Supper Team is thrilled to be partnering with Gourmet Garden this week and sharing some of our favorite Easy Holiday Entertaining Recipes to help make this season a cinch. The recipes from our contributors are out of this world and all have one thing in common, the use of Gourmet Garden fresh herbs and spices. We all know that fresh herbs make a big difference to the flavor and quality of a dish. This holiday season, we’ve got your covered with easy recipes that will impress your guests!
- Lemongrass Ginger Pancakes for a Holiday Brunch by Daily Dish Recipes
- Buttery Herb Pull-Apart Rolls by girlichef
- Garlic and Herb Crusted Lamb Lollipops by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Thai Style Grilled Monkfish Appetizer by Soni’s Food
- Green Goddess Dip by Juanita’s Cocina
- Garlic and Herb Pizza Puffs by Alida’s Kitchen
- Herbed Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato on Crostini by Supper for a Steal
- Prosciutto, Gruyere and Basil Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Thai-style Mussels by kimchi MOM
- Crispy Prosciutto Garlic Potato Soup by Family Foodie
- Carnita Style Beef by The Foodie Army Wife
- Chicken Cakes with Cilantro Garlic Mayo by The Dinner-Mom
- Coconut Lemongrass Chicken Curry- Two Ways! by Hip Foodie Mom
- Creamy Pasta with Spinach, Chili, and Walnuts by Healthy. Delicious.
- Herb and Garlic Clam Linguini by Noshing With The Nolands
- Quick Winter Marinara by The Messy Baker
- Italian Mac & Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Foxes Love Lemons
- Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Steamed Broccoli by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lemongrass Coconut Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
You can Pin these recipes from our Easy Holiday Entertaining Pinterest Board.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by Gourmet Garden Herbs & Spices. All opinions are my own.