Most of my meals are very budget friendly. I always keep this in mind when I am putting together our weekly menus. This week when I walked by our local fish counter, I saw lobster tails for only $3 each. They were tiny and to feed the six of us, plus my parents, and the friends the kids had invited for Sunday Supper, it still would have been a fortune. But I just couldn’t walk by, they were truly calling my name. What to make that wouldn’t cost a fortune…. Lobster Risotto was the perfect dish. My family loves any kind of Risotto but Lobster is truly a favorite.
This is one of those recipes that I love that I have 4 children plus friends at our house. You have to stir and stir and stir and stir. Everyone has to take turns stirring if they want to stay for dinner!
This recipe can make anyone feel special and fussed over. Alexandra being home from college and having friends over was the perfect time to share a special dish Around the Family Table for Sunday Supper!
EASY LOBSTER RISOTTO RECIPE
- 2 Lobster Tails
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 4 Green Onions sliced thin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 4 cups of Arborio Rice
- 6 Cups of Seafood or Chicken Stock, warmed
- 1/4 Cup of Half and Half
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Melt Butter in large stock pot
- Add Green Onions and saute
- Add Garlic and saute
- Take Lobsters out of the shell and saute with mixture
- As the Lobsters cook, start to shred into small pieces. The Lobster pieces will have a delicious taste to them when done this way
- Add Rice and stir until coated with the butter mixture
- Slowly add the warm stock one ladle at a time
- Continously stir and continue to add one ladle at a time until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked and soft
- Add Half and Half and stir
- Add Parmesan Cheese and stir until smooth
Kid Ratings: Alexandra 10, Ronnie 9, Reis 9.5, Riley 8.5 Guests: Vo-Vo 10, Vo 9.5, Natalia 10