This Easy Pink Pasta Skillet will become a family favorite and it can be whipped up in no time at all.
We all have that dish that somehow the ingredients are miraculous in the pantry every time we need them. You know what I am talking about, on those night when you haven’t defrosted anything and you have run to the store and you realize… I need to feed the family. This Easy Pink Pasta Skillet is that dish at our house.
During football season, the Easy Pink Pasta Skillet has come to the rescue once or twice. This week, I received a text on Friday from Reis at 10:00 am. “Can the O-line come over pre game?” I quickly realized it was time for this season’s premier of Feeding the O-line! 🏈🏈🏈 Like every mom would do, of course they can come over!
For a moment, I panicked and then I realized my old reliable was there for me. I mentally went through the ingredients. Pasta. Ham. Tomato Sauce. Garlic. Wine (of course I knew that was going to be in the house). All the ingredients were miraculously in the fridge and the pantry. What fun and a pleasure to see these big guys enjoy a great meal before Friday Night Lights!
These guys will do anything for a good meal. Including posing for Family Foodie Instagram pics😂
- 1 pound dry pasta, I love having fun with different shapes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced pancetta or ham
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, approximately 2 garlic cloves
- fresh ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup white wine
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh parsley to garnish, optional
- Cook the pasta according to directions on package.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the diced ham. Cook for approximately 3 minutes while stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for approximately 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and white wine. Simmer on low for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the half and half and the dried oregano. Stir until well blended.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese until mixed well. Sauce will be pink and creamy.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix until well coated.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and garnish if desired.
I love skillet meals for so many reasons but the #1 reason is they are super easy to prepare. My boys will tell you when they see the skillet coming out, they know it is a dish they will love. Easy Pink Pasta Skillet is requested time and time again at our house and I am always amazing when they love it as much as the first time I made it.
Be sure to check out the list below for all of the Easy Skillet recipes, and join us on Twitter this Sunday 7pmET. where we’ll be sharing our pro tips and chatting all about how we work with skillets in our own kitchens. Chat with you then!
30+ Easy Skillet Recipes
Favorite Skillet Breakfasts
- Apple Cinnamon Dutch Baby by Feeding Big and More
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Dutch Baby by The Gold Lining Girl
- Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Egg Skillet by Positively Stacey
Favorite Skillet Sides
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Home Sweet Homestead
Favorite Skillet Entrees
- Alex’s Favorite Skillet Meal by The Freshman Cook
- Apple, Squash and Chicken Skillet by The Redhead Baker
- Black Bean and Rice Skillet by Wholistic Woman
- Chakchouka (Tunisian Eggs in Tomato Sauce) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chili Joes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chop Suey Stir Fry Vegetables with Beef by Asian In America
- Clean Eating Hamburger Helper Skillet by A Mind Full Mom
- Creamy Paprika Chicken & Peppers by My Life Cookbook
- Easy Skillet Lasagna by New South Charm
- Greek Turkey Spinach Skillet by Cooking Chat
- Hatch Chile Shakshuka by Helpful Homemade
- Healthy Vegetable Skillet Dinner by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Huevos Rancheros by The Hungry Goddess
- Japanese Korean Tofu Sliders by The Ninja Baker
- Kielbasa, Brussels Sprouts, Potato & Pear Skillet by Food Done Light
- Kung Pao Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Vegetables by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza by Crazed Mom
- One Pan Taco Rice Skillet by The Chef Next Door
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff by My World Simplified
- Pork and Sweet Potato Hash by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pork with Gingered Pluots by Palatable Pastime
- Salsa Chicken Skillet by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Sautéed Gnocchi with Pomodo Crudo by What Smells So Good?
- Skillet Chicken Caprese by Casa de Crews
- Skillet Frittata by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spanish Rice Skillet by Meal Planning Magic
- Summer Squash Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Tamale Pie by Monica’s Table
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Skillet by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Veggie-Packed Sloppy Joes by Powered By BLING
- Yellow Rice Skillet by Cricket’s Confections
Favorite Skillet Desserts
- Fudgy Skillet Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.