It’s that time of the year… It’s Back to School Time! School supplies, parent meetings, practice, homework and easy weekday suppers… I approach this time of year with mixed emotions. I enjoy summer with my kids so much. This summer was more relaxed than most. We had the opportunity to spend time with old friends that we hadn’t seen in a long time and really enjoy each other. All good things must come to an end and it’s Back to School time… a time for new beginnings, new goals and new challenges. One of the challenges we face in our home is how to get everyone fed and out the door to football practice. This easy Chorizo Egg Rice Bowl is one of our favorite Easy Weekday Suppers. Seriously, who doesn’t love chorizo with egg and garlic? Oh my!
I firmly believe that a busy life, needn’t keep anyone from enjoying time around the family table together. The best Weekday Suppers are usually those that are simple and without a lot of fussing.
- 1 Chorizo Link Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons minced Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Capers
- 1 Cup of Chicken Broth
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 4 Cups Cooked White Rice
- 1 Green Onion chopped
- In large frying pan, on medium heat, add Chorizo, Olive Oil, Garlic and Capers and heat until the Chorizo is crispy
- Add Chicken Broth and simmer until reduced in half
- Remove the Chorizo, Garlic and Capers
- In a separate frying pan fry each Egg sunny side up in a tablespoon of butter
- Add 1 Cup of Rice to 4 bowls or small skillet
- Top with one Egg and divide the Chorizo and Sauce into the 4 bowls
- Sprinkle the chopped Green Onion over each chorizo egg rice bowl
Make sure you have some crusty bread and a simple salad to serve with this recipe. Who could resist dipping some bread into that tasty egg? It makes for the perfect stress-free Weekday Suppers. Whether it’s back to school time or any time of year, this recipe is a keeper!
Kid Ratings: Alexandra 9.5, Ronnie 10, Reis 9, Riley 10