This Weekday Supper recipe was born out of desperation, not creativity. Most moms and many dads can relate – every once in a while, we let our kids sign up for too many things. They love the school sports but they also signed up for the recreational team. Yep, it was one of those nights that I was scrambling to get the boys from one sport to the next and realized that I had not planned anything for dinner.
Taking a quick glance in the fridge — we had eggs, chorizo (always a staple at our home), cheese and whole wheat tortillas. All the inspiration that we needed to make Egg and Chorizo Wraps!
This tasty little number has quickly become a favorite for busy nights. No time to make a salad, throw in some fruit and we are good to go!
- 2 teaspoons Butter
- 1 Chorizo (Caseiro or Portuguese style) link, sliced thin
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- 4 medium Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Melt Butter in large frying pan
- Add the Chorizo slices and cook on medium heat until crispy
- Add the Eggs and Scramble
- Add the Cheese and mix until melted
- Place the Egg mixture in the middle of each Tortilla and wrap tight
- Place each Tortilla bundle on a baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12 minutes or until crispy
- Serve with Fruit or Garden Salad
Check out this week’s Easy #WeekdaySupper Recipes from our contributors:
Monday – It’s me!
Tuesday – Steak au Poivre Redux by Crazy Foodie Stunts
Wednesday – Avocado Buffalo Chicken Wrap by Alida’s Kitchen
Thursday – Easy Chicken Enchiladas by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Friday – Fish Tacos with Chipotle Ranch Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes