You all know how much I love Emeril. It was such an honor to meet him and interview him. But, have I told you how much fun we are having trying Emeril’s Kicked Up Sandwiches? When he says these sandwiches are stacked with flavor, he means it! I love Egg Salad so when I saw the kicked up Egg Salad Supreme I knew I had to try it. I love anything with eggs!
I have wanted to try making my own homemade mayonnaise for a long time. Emeril was right when he said “Once you’ve perfected this simple classic, you’ll hesitate about going back to store-bought.” His kicked up version with a hint of garlic was perfect for my Egg Salad Supreme Sandwich.
I enjoyed homemade mayo so much that I couldn’t stop there. I immediately moved on to the Citrus Aioli and the Herbed Aioli… oh my! They were out of this world!
You are going to love Emeril’s new cookbook, these Kicked up Sandwiches stacked with flavor are perfect for the whole family.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- ¼ cup chopped green onion or fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup minced celery
- ½ cup mayonnaise, homemade or store-bought
- 12 slices White Sandwich Bread
- Roughly chop the eggs and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the salt, mustard, paprika, shallot, green onion, celery, and mayonnaise. Stir with a rubber spatula or a spoon until very well blended. Transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 4 days.
- Spread ¼ to ½ cup of the egg salad between 2 slices of bread. Repeat with the remaining salad and bread.
Kid Ratings: Ronnie 9, Reis 8.5, Riley 7.5
Emeril’s cookbook has been so much fun to review and cook from. I would highly recommend it for families to cook together. It goes on sale today. You can purchase your copy of Emeril’s Kicked-up Sandwiches HERE.
Do I have you excited to try this cookbook? Here’s the best part, I am giving away a copy to one of my followers. All you have to do is go HERE and tell me your favorite Emeril Legasse recipe in the comments below and BAM!
Here are some other great to stay connected with Emeril and Morrow Cookbooks:
- The Secret Ingredient Blog has great recipes that I can’t wait to try
- Pinterest http://pinterest.com/harpercollins/savor-this-dinners-and-more/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/morrowcooks
- Facebook http://www.facebook.com/morrowcooks
- Pinterest http://pinterest.com/chefemeril/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/emeril
- Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Emeril