Father’s Day is just around the corner and for most of us, we know that the easiest way to win Dad’s heart is through a delicious, home-cooked meal. There’s no better way to celebrate Father’s Day than by gathering the family and serving Dad a feast that’s fit for a king.
What would a Father’s Day Feast be without a great wine? The Sunday Supper Family is excited to help you get ready for this special day and welcome Gallo Family Vineyards around the family table with two special wines to pair with your Father’s Day menu.
CAFÉ ZINFANDEL: Family traditions always evolve and our Café Zinfandel is no exception. We provide an alternative to traditional Zinfandel wines by making it in a refreshing, smoother, and lighter style. Our Café Zinfandel sparkles with strawberry, raspberry and watermelon flavors and can be served chilled.
FOOD PAIRING NOTES: Bright red fruit can stand up to a rich chocolate dessert and is a great complement to most picnic fare.
BODY: Light-Bodied SWEETNESS: Medium
PINOT NOIR: You can never go wrong by serving a bottle of our Pinot Noir. This medium bodied wine provides a smooth and light finish with aromas of cherry and sweet fruit flavors.
FOOD PAIRING NOTES: Ripe berry and subtle earthy flavors stand up to meaty fish like salmon, and pairs well with pork, roast chicken, and mushrooms.
BODY: Medium-Bodied SWEETNESS: Dry
We are offering a $1 off coupon to try these wines for your Father’s Day Celebration. I bet the men in your life will be happy that you did – these two wines quickly became favorites at our house. For more information on Gallo Family Vineyards wines and ideas for pairing them with your Father’s Day menu, visit their website (where you can also find a store locator, which will help also help in planning that menu). Get connected with Gallo Family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube for more ideas and updates.
Let’s make Father’s Day a big deal this year by cooking some of our favorite dishes and pairing them with great wine!
Father’ s Day Salads and Main Dishes:
- Avocado and Quinoa Salad by Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Lentil Chilaquiles Casserole by Shockingly Delicious
- Barbecue Chicken with Pinot Noir Blueberry Sauce by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken in a Caramelized Onion and Wine Sauce by Family Foodie
- Filet Mignon with Mushrooms and Pinot Noir Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- French Onion Soup au Gratin Stuffed Meatballs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Southwestern Zinfandel Glaze by Cooking On The Ranch
- Jambalaya Kabobs by Foxes Love Lemons
- Man Burgers Stuffed with Pinot Noir Caramelized Onions by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Marinated Flank Steak by The Foodie Army Wife
- Mushroom Topped Pinot Noir Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pinot Noir Glazed Salmon by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pinot Noir Mushroom Reduction Sauce with Grilled T-Bone Steak by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Red Wine Meatball Subs by Momma’s Meals
Father’s Day Sweets and Treats:
- Angel Food Cake Smores Skewers by Melanie Makes
- Cafe Zinfandel Cake & Pinot Noir Quinoa by NinjaBaking.com
- Cherry Pinot Noir Pie by girlichef
- Chocolate Decadence with Cafe Zinfandel Whipped Cream and Raspberry Sauce by Desserts Required
- Hot Fudge Pudding Cake by Magnolia Days
- Pinot Noir Dark Chocolate Truffles by Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.