It is so true….every year the week after the SuperBowl, we find ourselves a little sad and empty. We are such a Football family. We just can’t imagine what we will do without having a game to watch.
Then we realize, all those chores we have been putting off all season are calling our name!
And thank goodness the boys are playing in an 8 on 8 Spring Football League so we still have those games to look forward to. Phew… can you imagine, we would really be in withdrawal without any football!
This Sunday, I found myself spending a little more time planning our Sunday Supper and spending a little extra time Around the Family Table. We had so much creating new Pork Chop and Pasta Recipe. My boys love meat and Pork is still one of the most economical meats around. Besides our family just loves pork dishes and we love pasta so this dish was really fun.
Let me know if you enjoyed it as much as we did!
- 2 Lbs Pork Chops
- 1 Large Onion Sliced
- 1 lb Mushrooms Sliced
- 16 oz Tomato Sauce
- 8 oz Half and Half
- 16 oz Rigatoni cooked
- Olive Oil to line bottom of Pan
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Line Large Frying Pan or Electric Frying Pan with a light layer of Olive Oil
- Add Pork Chops and Brown well on both sides
- Add Salt and Pepper to Chops and Remove to a plate
- Add Sliced Onion and Sliced Mushrooms. Saute until soft and lightly brown
- Add Tomato Sauce and simmer for 20 minutes
- Add Half and Half and stir
- Add Pork chops and simmer for an additional 10 minutes
- Serve Family Style Over cooked Rigatoni
You will know the Pork Chops are done when you start to see the slight Brown Marks on them. Always season the meat after you brown on both sides. You will not need as much salt and the salt will adhere better to the meat.
The entire house will smell so good… what smells better then onions and mushrooms sauteed in Olive Oil. When the edges turn slightly brown, you will know they are done.
Our Family Loved this easy Sunday Supper!
Kid Ratings: Alexandra 8.0, Ronnie 9.5, Reis 10, Riley 9.5