In case you haven’t noticed — we are a huge football family. Not only do all the boys play and the husband coaches, we love nothing more than to watch football on Sunday. This time of year, we tend to make an exception and sometimes we will even eat Sunday Supper in the family room. Of course this only happens if our favorite team is playing. Ok, sometimes it is more often than that. On those occasions, one of our favorite meals is Football Sunday Teriyaki Pulled Pork. Mom especially like this recipe because I throw it all in the slow cooker in the morning and forget about it until it is almost time to eat Sunday Supper. Meanwhile, the smile flowing through our home has us drooling until the tasty pork is ready to be housed in its bun. My kids and all their friends love this Teriyaki Pulled Pork and ask for it time and time again.
- 2 pounds pork roast
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix together teriyaki sauce, chicken broth, and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Stir in garlic, paprika, onion, and black pepper.
- Put pork into slow cooker, cover with the teriyaki sauce mixture.
- Cook on High for about 4 hours, turning 2 to 3 times during the cooking time to ensure even doneness.
- Start to encourage the pork to shred by pulling apart with 2 forks.
- Turn slow cooker on low and cook for approximately 45 minutes until most of the juice is absorbed and the pork is shredded.
- Place pork on fresh rolls and serve.
This is our first #SundaySupper event of 2014 and we are excited to slowly welcome the New Year with our favorite slow cooker recipes. These recipes are perfect for busy families like ours. Cindy from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings is our fabulous host. You don’t want to miss the fun twitter event at 7pm EST this week — Cindy is one of the funniest hosts and she is guaranteed to make this week’s event one that will be memorable!
Whet Your Appetite
Simmering Soups, Stews, and Side Dishes
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Low-Carb Chunky Beefy Vegetable Soup from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Beef, Wine and Mushroom Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup from Foxes Love Lemons
- Beef Stew from The Foodie Army Wife
- Pot Roast and Portabello Stew from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Slow Cooker Black Bean and Polenta Stew from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Turkey Stew from Magnolia Days
- San Antonio Chunky Chicken Stew from The Weekend Gourmet
- Pumpkin, Chickpea & Lentil Stew from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Slow Cooker Chickpeas from Shockingly Delicious
- Football Sunday Teriyaki Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Apricot Jalapeno Pork Chops from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Vegan Slow Cooker Hoppin’ John from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Slow Cooker Coffee Glazed Brisket from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Honey BBQ Ribs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Crockpot Country Style Pork Ribs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Slow Cooker Jerk Pork from Curious Cuisiniere
- Slow Cooker Beef Daube Provencal from Momma’s Meals
- Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore from The Dinner-Mom
- Chicken and Broccoli from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tacos de Lengua from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken & Black Beans for Tacos from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chinese Chicken from The Ninja Baker
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket French Dip Sandwiches from Neighborfood
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.