Get ready to be blown away with this combination of flavors- Fresh Mozzarella Strawberry Flatbread is amazing!
By now you may have guessed it… I am a huge strawberry fan. If you have been following along for a while, you also know one of my other absolute favorite things to munch on is fresh mozzarella. Throw in some arugula and balsamic reduction and Wow! This recipe is so easy, fresh and the combination of lemon and balsamic reduction is out of this world.
While I use balsamic vinegar in many of my recipes, balsamic vinegar reduction is a another thing altogether. The intense taste of the balsamic vinegar when it is reduced, creates a sweet and intense flavor that pairs so well with this dish. I seriously could pour this on just about anything! You can choose to make your own or you can purchase it. I’m not kidding, you need to try this!
One of the things I am most proud of is how Sunday Supper Movement connects people to food producers. This has been a very special weekend with Florida Strawberry Growers Association. We have had the opportunity to bring our Sunday Supper Family Tastemakers on the strawberry fields to learn from growers, shippers, breeders and so much more. It has been a day of education and of course lots of laughs. There is nothing better than connecting to the people who produce our food. It is truly a humbling experience.
During our strawberry filled weekend, we are enjoying a tour of the fields in Plant City and staying at the Guy Harvey Outpost, a Tradewinds Island Resort on St. Pete Beach. You can join us (virtually) by following #SundaySupper on social media all weekend! Here’s a taste of what you can expect when you follow us on social media this weekend…
- Strawberry farm tour in Plant City, FL
- Tour of Grimes Produce Company
- Learning from Dr. Vance Whitaker Associate Professor, Strawberry Breeder
- Strawberry S’mores on the beach
- Demo with Chef Aaron Schweitzer of RumFish Grill
- Demo with Mixologist Anthony Ciecalone of RumFish Grill
- Photography with Jeremiah Khokhar of Jeremiah Khokhar Photography
- and even a special Facebook LIVE cooking demo with Strawberry Sue herself!
Follow #SundaySupper and #FLStrawberry all weekend long and you too can join the fun! I will be sharing all about this weekend on my instagram.
- 4 thin flatbreads
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 cups arugula
- 16 ounce package of Florida Strawberries, sliced
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup balsamic glaze
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Place flatbreads on pizza pan or baking sheet and bake for 3 minutes
- Layer the strawberries, mozzarella, and arugula on flatbreads
- Squeeze lemon over the arugula and drizzle with the balsamic glaze
- Sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Balsamic & Brown Sugar Strawberry Canapés by My Sweet Zepol
- Fresh Mozzarella Strawberry Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Foccaccio by Healing Tomato
- Strawberry Avocado Crostini by Beauty and the Beets
- Strawberry Mango Salsa with Whole Wheat Cinnamon Chips by Meghan On The Move
- Strawberry Panzanella Salad by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Feta and Strawberry Tabouleh Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Strawberry Caprese Salad with Balsamic and Mint by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken by Katie’s Cucina
- Strawberry Salad with Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Family Around The Table
- Pork Chops with Balsamic-Strawberry Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Pan-Seared Sea Bass with Butternut Squash and Strawberry Sauce by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Strawberry Pesto Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Buttermilk Cake by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Strawberry Pavlova with Lemon Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberries Romanoff by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Strawberry Pound Cake Kabobs With Chocolate Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
- Lightened-Up Strawberry Mille-Feuille by Girl Abroad
You are going to want a #FLStrawberryCap — they are so cute!!#FLStrawberryCap Contest
Most of all we are BERRY excited to announce YOU can win a Florida Getaway with your family! Show us your best Florida Strawberry picture for a free Florida Strawberry cap and a chance to win a trip to sunny Florida! Click here to enter > Florida Strawberry Cap Contest. It’s easy. I promise!! Also, you can check out all the other photo entries at that link! Click here to read the > Official Rules.
Finally, don’t forget to join us LIVE on Twitter this Sunday, January 15th, 2017 at 7 p.m. ET to chat about all the Florida strawberry things. We’ll be tweeting LIVE from RumFish Grill at the Guy Harvey Outpost in St. Pete Beach, FL. Chat with you then!
Follow Florida Strawberry on social media for free recipes and contests
and check out our Fresh Florida Strawberry Recipes Pinterest board where you’ll find lots of great recipe ideas.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 p.m. ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.