I am one of those people that has this terrible fear that I am going to run out of food when we entertain. It really is a terrible way to be because it can lead to a lot of waist in the kitchen. And NOTHING bothers me more than throwing away food. So why do I do this? I certainly have never had a get together where I ran out of food. Some things ARE JUST SO MUCH FUN to make too much… because… you know… they are even better the second time around. Onion and Cheddar Cheese Ciabatta Appetizer is one of those delicacies. You see, it is so fabulous the first time around that I know I must double, heavens, even triple the recipe because we can’t wait for all the leftover possibilities.
Seriously, you haven’t lived until you try Onion and Cheddar Cheese Ciabatta Appetizer, especially if it is made with vidalia onions. The only thing that is better is the croutons. Yes, I am not kidding I double this recipe every time because once you try Ciabatta homemade croutons, you will never try that stuff in the bag again. Trust me on this one!
- 2 slices of Onion and Cheddar Cheese Ciabatta
- 1 tablespoon Pine Nuts or Almonds
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups of Spring Salad Mix
- ½ Lemon
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese shaved
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to Broil
- Cut the Onion and Cheddar Cheese Ciabatta into once inch cubes
- Place the cubes and the Pine Nuts on a baking sheet and broil for approximately 5 minutes
- Fry Egg in frying pan
- Plate the Green on a large plate
- Squeeze lemon juice over the greens
- Sprinkle the balsamic vinegar over the greens
- Place the fried Egg on top of the Salad
- Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Add Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Serve warm
This is one of those salads that I could eat for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner… it is that good!