You know — Halloween isn’t just for kids. The Sunday Supper Family feels you’re never too old to play dress up and throw a ghoulishly good time for “groan-ups!” We’re so excited to share our scary-good party ideas and recipes with grown-up twists around the family table this week. If you’re hosting an adults-only Halloween bash this year, we’ve got the frightfully fun Halloween recipes and wine recommendations that are perfect for your bash.
October is a great time of year to break out the red wine to pair with your hair-raisingly delicious dishes. For the spookily sweet lovers, Gallo Family has it’s refreshing Red Moscato. It is the perfect complement to the abundance of mini chocolate treats that happen to be lying around this time of year. Red Moscato brings out flavors of sweet citrus and peach, with a bright red berry finish. This refreshing, medium-bodied wine is best enjoyed chilled and paired with light cheeses, spicy cuisine or desserts.
Looking for something on the darker side? The Gallo Family full-bodied Merlot boasts blended flavors of black cherry, ripe plum and hints of oak that create a velvety richness that pairs perfectly with the cooler Fall weather. Smooth and approachable fruit flavor matches very well with a wide range of foods including pork roast, pasta with rich tomato sauce, poultry, as well as grilled meats and vegetables.
Take a look at the frightfully fun Halloween recipes and wine pairings the Sunday Supper family is whipping up! So many great recipes that are perfect for your adult Halloween Party. Come join the fun this Sunday!
- Beef Stew with Ghost Dumplings by Momma’s Meals
- Blackened Chicken Legs with Red Beets and Potatoes by Jelly Toast
- Brain Cupcakes with Red Moscato Wine Shooters by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Dracula Wine Jelly by Basic N Delicious
- Gallo Family Red Moscato Cocktail by Flour On My Face
- Ghoulishly Good Red Moscato Punch by The Weekend Gourmet
- Halloween Buffalo Ranch Pork Bites by Family Foodie
- Meringue Bones with Raspberry Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mummy Calzone by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Poison Apple Pomegranate Sangria by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Pumpkin Chili by The Foodie Army Wife
- Red Moscato Candied Apples by The Messy Baker
- Red Moscato Spider Sangria by Run DMT
- Red Velvet Cake Eye Balls by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Red Wine Caramel and Chocolate Apples by Ruffles & Truffles
- Roasted Garlic Hummus by Alida’s Kitchen
- Smoked Trout Pate Spider Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Steak Bites with Bloody Maria Dipping Sauce by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Witches Blood Risotto by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Zombie Bite Wine Slushies by Feed Me, Seymour
For more information on Gallo Family Vineyards wines and menu pairing ideas, visit their website (where you can also find a store locator). While you’re there, browse more great frightfully fun entertaining recipes! Get connected with Gallo Family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube for more ideas and updates.
And don’t forget… we want you save those 187mL caps to help end senior hunger. For the 5th year, our Every Cork Counts program invites Americans to send back their corks and capsules to benefit the Meals On Wheels Association of America. Every cork or capsule collected garners $1 for Meals on Wheels, and it’s easy to donate! Visit GalloFamily.com for more details.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.